Optage Intake Service Coordinator - Roseville | Zoek USA | 0708beddfb2b4c3a8a2e432129d08004
Optage Intake Service Coordinator
Permanent (Full time)
Optage Hospice, a division of Presbyterian Homes & Services is seeking an Intake Service Coordinator to join its team. LPN experience helpful but not required.
The Intake Service Coordinator is responsible for general service coordination for clients to assist them intake, education (services available and application procedures) and overall coordination of client service needs from a variety of Optage programs.
Consider joining our team in providing compassionate high quality care and services within a caring Christian environment.
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Provide information about service availability, consult with
interdisciplinary team members regarding prospective client needs. Maintain accurate records of inquiry and lead tracking follow up, through the designated, computerized lead management system.
- Assist with all pre-admission procedures including completing referral forms and communicating admission information in a timely manner to all customers.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with outside agencies and organizations to realize efficient and timely client placement.
- As a member of the team, actively participate in team activities, meetings and processes.
- Coordinate and implement marketing procedures and practices. Use quality management process to meet the needs of clients. Implement and maintain PHS monitoring systems and processes to ensure compliance with regulations and established best practices.
- Manage resource allocations in order to achieve or exceed marketing and site goals. Demonstrate good stewardship of available resources.
- Support the integration of Christian Culture in the community; reinforce the Christian heritage and culture through communication and education systems; support the work of on-site chaplains and spiritual program; recognize the importance of spiritual matters to residents and employees
- Experience in homecare, hospice, senior housing, or health care related environment.
- Previous customer service experience required.
- Must have flexibility, personal integrity, and ability to work effectively with clients, residents, coworkers, family members, visitors, and the general public.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency including Microsoft Office and other common computer programs.
- Must be able to use lead management software, maintain detailed accurate up to date confidential records.
- Must be a team player, willing to take directions and accept responsibility for meeting specified objectives.
- Must be good at developing and building relationships, excellent first impressions, presentations of service lines, and securing the customers services needed.
- Must understand the basic principles of marketing and sales.
- Demonstrated compatibility with PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing a broad array of high quality housing choices, care and service options for older adults. 6,400 employees serve 25,000 older adults through 45 PHS-affiliated senior living communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa, and through Optage® home and community services. Established in 1955, PHS has earned the reputation as an innovative leader concerned with promoting independence, vitality and well-being for those they serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With a strong commitment to grow our employees from within, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement, ongoing training, and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.
PHS is an EEO/AA employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.
Posted 6 days ago