Machinist I - Syracuse | Zoek USA | 0708b48d11c640b9b37052cd415d5f5e
Machinist I - 2nd Shift
Permanent (Full time)
Cryomech is a Syracuse based high tech manufacturer. We are a recognized leader in the design and manufacture of a diverse line of cryogenic products serving the entire pride ourselves on maintaining a culture of teaching and learning. If you have the drive, we can teach you to do any job.
This position is responsible for the manufacture of parts of low production runs using manual machine tools. This is a trainee position; anyone in this position is being trained including apprentices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Sets up and operates manual machines to complete work orders
- Ensures precision is maintained in all machining tasks
- Inspects parts according to policies and procedures
- Makes and/or modifies tooling if necessary
- Monitors and records inventory used (tooling, supplies and raw materials) and notifies appropriate personnel
- Qualifies measuring tools on a daily basis and as needed during the shift
- Cleans machine, tooling, and parts and performs machine maintenance as required
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High school diploma or GED with 1+ years of proven machining experience; or one-year certificate with six months of machining experience; or equivalent combination of education and training
- Ability to set and use measuring tools.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints (GD&T a plus)
- Cryomech offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401K, long and short-term disability, life, employee stock ownership plan (ESOP), training, tuition reimbursement, and Paid Time Off (PTO).
Cryomech is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of disability status, veteran status, or any other New York State or federally protected characteristic.
You will receive a confirmation email after you submit the first part of the application. If you do not receive an email, please check your spam folder.