Junior Machine Builder - Carol Stream | Zoek USA | 07087560359d4f26b02ec814ccac32fd
Junior Machine Builder
Carol Stream, IL
Permanent (Full time)
Job DescriptionThe Machine Builder builds and provides technical support for standard and small automation machine systems both in house and at customer sites.
- Build, test, and troubleshoot automation industrial machines per blueprints and direction. Build small and mid-level automations involving less complexity or stations (single or up to three stations). Cross-train on and build some large, more complex automations.
- Meet schedule and task milestones.
- Assist in rough conceptualization to build machines. Occasionally build low level automations without engineering support.
- Design and manufacture safety guarding for standard machines as required.
- Pack, crate, and ship machines.
- Manually machine parts to close tolerances as required for building machines or to repair machine system.
- Tear down and refurbish existing systems. Clean, replace parts, and adjust machine to specifications.
- Test and troubleshoot system including basic printing. Know tooling & fixtures and how they affect print quality.
- Travel occasionally to customer sites as required to install, re-test, or repair machines.
- Perform basic electrical wiring or troubleshooting to fix problems at customer sites. Work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Provide good customer service.
- All other duties as assigned
- Maintains focus on continuous improvement by applying 80/20, PLS, and USa principles/techniques and makes process improvement recommendations to management.
Qualifications**Education:**Associates degree in a technical field or a trade school degree in a related area required.
- Minimum 2 years of mechanical/pneumatic assembly or repair, pneumatic testing and debugging required.
- Minimum 2 years experience as a machinist and/or toolmaker working with close tolerances .
- Electrical assembly, electronic training, or electrical controls experience not required but highly preferred.
- Experience with most varieties of hand and power tools.
- Good communication skills required to follow direction, work in a team and discuss machines with customers.
- Basic mathematical skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to read and understand English
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, ITW Marking & Coding does not discriminate in hiring or in the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, arrest record, citizenship or other categories protected by federal, state or local laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabilitynformation will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.!
Posted 1 days ago