Ophthalmic Technician I - Pittsburgh | Zoek USA | 07086abc657b4e7bb0ee52f518ef1ce1
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Ophthalmic Technician I
Permanent (Full time)
Obtain detailed information from patients and perform a variety of diagnostic tests to the eyes to aid in the diagnosis and treatment course
- Refractometry: auto-refractor, transposing scripts from + to -
- Contact lenses: insertion, removal and instructions
- Pupillary assessment: measurement, compare and evaluate.
- History taking to include ocular, medical, medication, social and family.
- Lensometry: automated and manual
- Angle assessment & dilation of pupils
- Assist with maintaining office inventory, notifying appropriate staff when supplies are needed, restocking exam rooms, cleaning and sterilizing of instruments and cleaning patient exam rooms at end of day.
- Visual fields: Amsler grid & confrontation fields
- Supplemental skills: Color testing, glare test
- Ocular Motility: Knowledge of the functions & anomalies, cover tests, stereo-acuity, nystagmus
- Tonometry: Icare, Tonopen and the care and proper disinfection of
- Visual acuity assessment: with and without correction, distance, near and intermediate, pinhole, best corrected, potential acuity, brightness acuity
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Experience as an Ophthalmic Technician in an Ophthalmology office or combination of related education and/or experience preferred.
- Completion of AAO Home Study Course is preferred.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Valid CPR certification
Act 31 Child Abuse Reporting Act 33 Act 34 Act 73 FBI Clearance
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Posted 12 days ago