Manager - Cambridge | Zoek USA
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Manager, Lab Operations, Samples and Supply - Scientific Ope
Permanent (Full time)
Manager, Lab Operations, Samples and Supply - Scientific Operations
1 purpose...to reimagine medicine!
The Scientific Operations (SciOps) group in Cambridge, MA, has an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Lab Operations Samples and Supply. This position will collaborate with the scientists community and supporting NIBR functions- including Health, Safety & Environment, Facilities and Real Estate, IT/Nx, Procurement, and Finance.
This individual will be responsible for the development and implementation of Lab Operations Samples and Supply program, crafting and delivering Samples and Supply services to designated NIBR line functions. Services provided comprise institutional supply chain models for consumables, chemicals, media, and reagents. Furthermore, solutions for modern sample management of mission-critical biological samples will be provided.
• Run Lab Operations and general NIBR lab supply program and centralized services. Primary focus on chemical management but also supporting: consumables, media/reagents, glass wash/autoclaving, and lab gases
• Advance Lab Operations Sample Management solution portfolio
• Find opportunities and lead or collaborate with cross-functional teams to improve operational efficiencies, logistics, and business processes
• Establish and maintain positive relationships with NIBR researchers as well as with the NIBR Operations community to ensure alignment and execution of departmental and Scientific Operations objectives
• Drive operational excellence competence and sustainability best practices for supported work streams
• Provide support of 3rd party vendors delivering lab services at the site
• Drive lab supply related digital excellence and analytics competence for supported work streams
• Partner with global Lab Operations team members to align program objectives and implement best practices
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you will bring to the role:
• . degree in a scientific discipline (. degree and/or MBA a +) and 10+ years of combined experience working in a research lab and running lab operations
• Ability to exercise independent discretion and judgment to solve problems is important, as well as to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
• Strong understanding of the processes and protocols required in a scientific research organization.
• Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required. Experience with Spotfire, SharePoint and Teams is preferred.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and excellent written and oral communication skills are needed
• Strong ability to lead and implement on enterprise level
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Posted 4 days ago