Data Analytics Intern - Chicago | Zoek USA | 07085fb4c0a643498717fd7819910e0f
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Data Analytics Intern
Permanent (Full time)
Home Partners of America is an owner and operator of high-quality, single-family, retail homes. Our mission is to help more people get into great homes, in the neighborhoods they love, while preserving the opportunity to build a more secure financial future. This commitment to making homeownership a reality is made possible through a unique business model that leverages data and analytic capabilities on Home Partners’ technology-enabled operating platform. We are a dynamic organization poised for growth and expansion into the future and are looking to hire passionate and energetic employees.
The Data Analytics Intern is expected to help on projects related to data storage and ETL. They will work to standardize and improve data collection and management procedures at the direction of senior members of the team.
Projects will center around working with large datasets related to real estate, credit underwriting, consumer behavior, and property-level information. They will be responsible to oversee the successful implementation of ETL processes and the management of the Analytics data warehouse.
The Data Analytics Intern will be expected to do some manual work and ad hoc tasks to supplement and help out the senior members of the team. They are expected to bring energy and enthusiasm as they learn more about both how the real estate market works as well as develop their technical skills.
In addition to a strong work ethic and motivation to learn, the Data Analytics Intern requires the following skills: meticulous attention to detail, developing communication (both written and verbal) skills, a high level of organization, creativity, resourcefulness, and an ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Assist in the creation ETL processes and manage the data warehouse.
- Work closely with the Data Engineering team and other data users to own data integrity checks
- Notification plan to alert all parties when there is a data integrity issue
- Comfort working in a small team and start-up environment
- Create and implement data backup procedures to enable uninterrupted access/ability to conduct analyses
- Develop and implement complex independent tests to validate the model implementation
- Develop and implement repeatable backtesting suites for both new and existing models
- Assess the models by ensuring that the data used is valid
- Document testing and validation activities
- Communicate with business heads and other departments about issues and concerns
- Provide expert knowledge on recommendations throughout validation processes
- Create logical and innovative solutions to complex problems
- Currently pursuingUndergraduate Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or commensurate
- Technical experience.
- Ability to think critically and ask pointed questions.
- 0-2 years of experience in a technical role.
- Demonstrated interest in learning scripting languages.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, work under pressure, work
- Independently and meet deadlines.
Home Partners of America and Pathlight Property Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions including the decision to hire, promote, discipline or discharge are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability status, genetic information, veteran or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations in
Posted 1 days ago