Cheese Technologist - Saint Paul | Zoek USA
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Saint Paul, MN
Permanent (Full time)
Join boundless thinkers from all walks of life working together to feed the world. Take pride in working with powerful brands, including Purina Animal Nutrition, Nutra Blend, WinField United, Vermont Creamery, KozyShack, and more.
You'll join a global team committed to everything from the seeds that go into the ground, to the technology that improves crop yields and sustainability, to the nutrition that animals need, to marketing the final product.
The Technologist 2 will support a team of food scientists conducting cheese and dairy research and product development. The setting may change day-to-day and includes pilot plant, lab, office, and manufacturing plant. Primary responsibilities include:
- Executing and supporting benchtop and pilot plant experiments, routine testing, dairy product taste evaluations, plant trials and technical service support
- Weighing ingredients, using and modifying detailed formulations and procedures
- Sample preparation and submission for analytical testing
- Documenting and communicating data, results, and observations in ELN (electronic lab notebook)
- Updating and writing SOPs (standard operating procedures)
- Interpreting and updating specifications
- Managing ingredient and lab supply inventories
- Developing proficiency on-the-job in benchtop and pilot plant natural cheesemaking
- Developing proficiency on-the-job in benchtop and pilot plant dairy product processing
- We are looking for a team player who can also work independently with minimal supervision.
- Accurate but efficient attention to detail
- Good communication and organization skills
- Basic understanding in experimental and scientific approach with solid data analysis capability
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Word, etc. plus ability to learn new computer systems/applications quickly
- Knowledge of laboratory and safety procedures/PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Knowledge of safe food handling and GMPs (good manufacturing practices)
- Desire to develop technical depth in cheese and dairy
- Ability to lift, carry, and cut 40-50 lb. blocks of cheese
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Associate's degree, or higher, in a related technical field
- 2 or more years of relevant work experience
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O'Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O'Lakes endeavors to make accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U######### M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
Posted 11 days ago