School Success Program Assistant - Minneapolis | Zoek USA | 0705dbf146eb48479233269cabf93635
School Success Program Assistant - Dakota - Anishinabe
Permanent (Full time)
Below is specific information for you to consider about this position.
Job Title: School Success Program Assistant - Dakota - Anishinabe and Requisition ID number: 72181
Close Date: 11:59 PM on 02/04/2021
Organizational Unit: Anishinabe Academy (10000004)
Site: Anishinabe Academy (0225)
FTE: / 40 hrs/wk; this is based on full-time equivalency with being full time
Functional Area: Paraprofessional
Resume and Cover Letter are mandatory to apply for any position.
Under general supervision, works directly and collaboratively with administrators, school site staff, parents, students, and community service providers to develop comprehensive and inclusive strategies that promote student achievement and school attendance.
- Work directly and collaboratively with administrators, school site staff, parents, students, and community service providers to assist in the identification and development of procedures and agreements with schools, community agencies and resources that promote improved student performance in school.
- Develop comprehensive and inclusive strategies to address student achievement and attendance; monitor and evaluate student academic progress; assist students in accessing appropriate educational tools that enhance basic skills; help students solve personal and family issues; refer students to MPS programs, local community resources and regional community services.
- Mediate conflicts and provide advocacy services for clients in their interactions with government and community agencies; investigate and resolve complaints; respond to inquiries on a wide range of questions about MPS policy, procedures, resources, processes, student evaluation, placement, programs and discipline.
- Work with staff to identify professional staff development needs by planning, organizing, and facilitating programs that improve staff effectiveness, and are consistent with instructional goals.
- Research and write grants and proposals for development and expansion of district programs that impact school success for students.
- Communicate with parents, students and staff to convey pertinent information while maintaining confidentiality of personal information; answer questions, and explain school rules.
- Applicable policies, procedures and regulations covering specific areas of assignment.
- Public education issues, procedures, and practices that influence school engagement for youth.
- MPS policies and procedures for testing, attendance, truancy, special education, and data privacy.
- State and local rules and regulations covering legal rights of due process and fair procedures. Principles and practices of conflict resolution and negotiation strategies.
- Methods and techniques for working with students with disabilities and special needs.
Bachelor's Degree in Education, Social Service, Psychology, or related field AND three years of educational support experience in an urban educational environment; including group facilitation and conflict resolution.
Final candidates may be invited to interview with a committee. Final appointment to this position will be contingent upon passing a criminal background check.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Diversity is one of Minneapolis Public Schools core values and is essential to our goal of putting children first and making them college-ready. Diversity of our workforce provides us with a competitive advantage and allows us to better understand, communicate with and educate our diverse student body. Minneapolis Public Schools will not deny anyone the opportunity for training or employment because of sex, race, religion, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, sexual preference, disability or status with regard to public assistance.
Minneapolis Public Schools strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.
Posting Notes: | 12:01 AM On 02/04/2021 | Anishinabe Academy (10000004) | Anishinabe Academy (0225) | Paraprofessional
Posted 4 days ago