Academic HR Analyst 2 - San Diego | Zoek USA | 0705846e76bb4d8eba5da7ee3c3c1a8f
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Academic HR Analyst 2
San Diego, CA
Permanent (Full time)
107835 Academic HR Analyst 2 Filing Deadline: Fri 2/12/2021
This is a 100% limited appointment position for five (5) months and may be extended or converted to career status based on funding and the needs of the department.
The Department of NanoEngineering is the 6th and newest department in the Irwin and Joan Jacobs School of Engineering at the University of California, San Diego. This is a young and vibrant interdisciplinary engineering department that provides an exciting and inclusive environment that promotes discovery and excellence in a wide range of engineering, scientific, entrepreneurial and professional areas with over 650 undergraduate students, 200 graduate students and 30 faculty. This department's interdisciplinary nature results in collaborations with undergraduates, graduates and faculty from many other disciplines within the Jacobs School of Engineering and across campus enabling us to create new and exciting research opportunities.
Applies professional UC Academic HR concepts, organization and / or system wide policies, and procedures to provide guidance to supervisors and managers to resolve a variety of academic human resources issues of moderate scope and complexity.
Under general supervision, and the direction of the Department Chair and Business Officer, the incumbent serves as the Academic Personnel Coordinator, coordinates all activities related to faculty recruitment including advertising, prospective faculty member visits, and seminar support, appointments and reviews, as well as coordination of faculty recruitment search committee chairs and prospective faculty members. Responsible for preparation of academic review files, maintains knowledge of Academic Personnel policies, analyzes changes, makes departmental recommendations, and serves as policy advisor to the Chair on AP matters. Coordinates faculty re-locations, sabbaticals, and other leaves. Attends confidential faculty meetings, records motions and monitors online ballot process, prepares and distributes minutes.
Must be willing to work occasional overtime for special events or be able to maintain confidentiality when dealing with sensitive materials and issues. Accuracy and confidentiality are key components to both functions.
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to apply/interpret organization and college policies and procedures which govern academic HR.
- Knowledge of organization, college and departmental formal and informal policies and procedures and understanding of variances to stated policies.
- Knowledge of human resources management systems and other related business software programs and systems. Experience and ability to use computer applications and online tools for analysis, use of a variety of software packages for presentations, written communication, data processing/management, and electronic communication.
- Thorough knowledge of unit academic culture and educational goals of discipline(s) served.
- Analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations to Chairs/unit management. Ability to utilize independent decision-making skills. Effective problem solving skills. Ability to identify, research and analyze complex situations, recommend solutions and determine action steps to be taken to affect resolutions.
- Proven organization, problem solving, and communication skills. Extensive organizational, analysis and decision-making skills to continually prioritize between long and short term needs, tolerate rapid shifts in direction with competing demands and constant requests for priority changes from a variety of sources; keep track of ongoing projects and tasks simultaneously and meet multiple concurrent deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral skills with the ability to compose original and/or confidential correspondence and reports. Ability to write accurate and detailed correspondence, reports, and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability at presenting a positive, professional and helpful impression and working as a team member. Ability to resolve conflicts while encouraging and developing collaborative positive professional relationships.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality. Exhibit tact, diplomacy, flexibility and courtesy in a professional manner.
- A background check is required.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: www-######
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit .edu for more information.
ACAD HR ANL 2
Hiring Salary Range
$48,900 - $51,000 /year
8 hrs/day, Mon-Fri
Posted 2 days ago