Director of Compliance - Moorestown | Zoek USA | 070521ce89c544a6b94f305d7b57f24a
Director of Compliance
Permanent (Full time)
Job Description: Director of Compliance
Innovative Benefit Planning has an immediate opening for a Director of Compliance. As a well-respected, successful and growing company we combine innovation with integrity and provide services in the areas of employee benefits, employee wellness, human resources consulting and group retirement planning for companies nationwide. For 30 years, our people and experience have helped countless organizations achieve their goals in these areas. Our focus is on creating comprehensive, custom plans that deliver better, cost-saving techniques and manage it all with our highly skilled support team. Our state-of-art building is located in Moorestown, NJ (minutes from Philadelphia).
The Director of Compliance is tasked with ensuring that we comply with federal, state and industry regulations and standards. The ideal candidate will have experience that includes work with Health & Welfare, Human Resources as well as with Retirement/Financial Services and will be responsible for developing and overseeing and evaluating control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies. A law degree is preferred but not required.
Guidance: Each client may have specific situations that will need interpretation when things fall outside normal process and procedures.
- This role is available to walk each client through the proper steps and provide assistance surrounding the potential liabilities associated with the options available.
- Conduct Compliance Auditing. Educate clients on the various federal and state regulations, assess areas of weakness, determine potential liability, and provide tools to help the client avoid common pitfalls. HR, HIPAA, ACA and other Compliance Audits are often an ongoing process, provided as often as the client requires.
- Field and respond to compliance related questions from clients.
- Prepare and updateWrap SPD's for clients.
- Perform Non-Discrimination testing for Self Funded clients.
- This Role is continuously monitoring a multitude of outlets to remain ahead of the latest changes to federal and state regulations. Upcoming changes passed legislation and final regulations are to be addressed through White Papers, Blog Emails, Legislative Updates and Lunch Events.
- This role prepares and provide user-friendly documents and services to assist client-HR, and other relevant professionals, in meeting the ongoing administrative, reporting, and disclosure requirements required by governmental agencies.
- Provides and applies compliance knowledge to all compliance related issues to include but not be limited to: ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, DOL, Section 125 regulations, wrap documents, HRA and FSA documents and State level compliance.
- Manages the drafting of deliverables such as: Plan Documents (Summary Plan Descriptions), draft Wrap SPD Documents and draft Summary of Material Modifications, 5500 filings, Non-Discrimination testing and Summary Annual Reports. (Liaising with Consultants, Vendors and Clients to collect data to complete all documents will often be required).
- Defines and implements best practices and provides leadership for client compliance strategies, most importantly combines effective knowledge of compliance with an understanding of the client's business objectives to design comprehensive compliance plans for clients.
- Creates and implements tools, forms, templates and checklists to be used by internal employees and clients to ensure compliance of ERISA and other regulations and laws.
- Participates and counsels clients in the event of DOL and/or ERISA benefit audits.
- Assists with wellness plan / population health compliance.
- Fosters and maintains relationships with existing clients and service as a compliance resource through offering compliance guidance and best practices.
- Provides new/upcoming legislation is current and helps organize and deploy information within organization.
- Produces briefs and newsletters for client communication relative to new developments related to compliance within the scope of employee benefits.
- Presents as a speaker and/or expert at client events and Innovative's seminars relative to compliance related topics.
- Adopts and promotes the Innovative culture as a company who truly takes care of its' people, defined as both customers and employees. This philosophy must manifest itself in each employee in their dealings with clients, prospects, vendors and any other person who engages with Innovative.
- Support Innovative's efforts to generate new business with existing clients.
- Supports Innovative's efforts to create new products or services and bring them to the market.
- Provides on-site and virtual training for staff, seminars on various topics, and ongoing materials summarizing the latest in benefits news.
Financial/Retirement Services Compliance Duties:
- Develops IIF compliance process.
- Reviews Licensing and contracts.
- Serves in the role of IIF Chief Compliance Officer
- Researches/analyzes and communicates benefits, Qualified Plan, regulations and laws.
- Reviews client's Qualified Plans for compliance. Communicates findings to company principal and/or to clients.
- Secures quarterly compliance sign off from internal personnel.
- Provides written disclosure statement
- Provides Privacy Notice
- Completes Investment Objectives Confirmation letter/IPS (to the extent applicable).
- Attorney with compliance experience preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of, health insurance.
- Compliance Auditing experience with the various federal and state regulations, including but not limited to: Employment Law, HIPAA, ACA.
- Experience with wrap SPD's.
- Knowledge of Non-Discrimination testing for Self Funded clients.
- One to three years of experience with employment law or benefits compliance.
- Must have well-developed emotional and social competencies including strong interpersonal communication, customer service, and follow-up skills.
- Strategic and entrepreneurial outlook with strong collaborations skills.
- Ability to operate independently and lead client interactions at C-level.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Excellent MS Office skills with particular expertise in both Excel and PowerPoint.
- Team player, excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional client-facing skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- A self-starter.
- A sense of urgency and ownership