Distribution Manager - Madison | Zoek USA | 0705047a40214536a0c26fa107db0792
Permanent (Full time)
Luxfer Graphic Arts is one of the world's leading experts in magnesium rolled products and sheet technology. With a global network of production sites, service and trading companies, the company offers a broad product and engineered solutions. From prototype to series production, Luxfer develops specialized engineering applications for photo engraving, aerospace, defense, bio medical, transportation, and other industries. Graphic Arts specialize in developing, manufacturing, and supplying magnesium wrought products to technology industries worldwide to drive the success of its B2B customers in future-oriented fields such as aerospace, transportation, and photo etching. High technical competence, customer-oriented thinking and sustainability determine their actions and have been the basis of the company's success since 1935.
The Distribution Manager will develop, evaluate, and improve shipping and distribution methods for complex metal manufacture. This role will apply knowledge of distribution and shipping with operations and supply chain to execute and deliver product on time to our customers both domestic and internationally. Continuous improvement lean thinking background with problem-solving tools and experience with cost reduction goals are an asset for this role. This role will manage all aspects of the distribution and shipping system.
- Identify and implement activities that help drive budgeted excess scrap reductions that support company objectives. This includes review of data, understanding of impact areas and actions to support achieving yield improvements.
- Identify improvements to our ISO 9000 quality management system while supporting prescribed requirements especially in the areas of risk assessment, correction, document control, and continuous improvement. Support the systems via layered process audit and system audit execution as well as maintenance and improvement of process SOPs.
- Coordinate, plan, and execute distribution operations for next day delivery
- Extremely passionate in regards to serving the customer & OTIF targets
- Understanding and execution of international shipping documents
- DOT/IDMG/IATA certificate required (must be completed within 60 days of hire date)
- Daily review and analysis of open orders and delegation of packing priority
- Monitor and coordinate with planning/scheduling to ensure finished good (Kanban) fulfillment
- Complete weekly/monthly cycle counts of all metal and chemical inventories
- Monitor shipping status regularly using software applications
- Prepare and maintain necessary distribution documentation for management
- Address vendor inquiries regarding shipment status
- Coordinate with shipping supervisor and occasionally our 3PL and/or freight forwarder to ensure timely shipments to customers
- Receive, handle and store supplies in warehouse effectively
- Capable of operating a fork truck
- Willing to work in an environment that has extreme temperatures, humidity, and slippery surfaces
- Can repeatedly lift, carry, pull, and handle products without reasonable accommodation
- Familiarity with Microsoft products and movements within an ERP system
- Coordinate custom packaging assignments
- Identify warehouse distribution inefficiencies and recommend solutions. Drive efficiency and cost reductions in addition to state-of-the-art technology needs. Utilize best practice benchmarking where possible.
- Lead teams in developing control procedures and goal-driven metrics which drive organizational value and sustainable change; drive engagement teams to continue to improve on recommended solutions.
- Experience applying principles and tools critical to continuous improvement including change management
Education and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelors Degree in Business Production & Operations Management, or Material Management, or Supply Chain desired
- 5+ years of related continuous improvement experience required
- Experience in distribution fast paced next day delivery environment preferred
- Familiar with manufacturing, safety and quality concepts, practices, and procedures a plus
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) technical information and strong organizational skills
- Strong skill set in ISO 9000 requirements is preferred
- Health, Dental, Vision coverage
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Career Advancement Opportunities
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities. Women, minorities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We are committed to a safe, drug-free work environment and pre-employment drug screening and background checks are required. Candidates must be authorized to work it the .
Posted 1 days ago