Plant Controller - Macon | Zoek USA
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Plant Controller - Macon Job
Permanent (Full time)
Primary Location: Macon, Georgia
Relocation Offered: No
Employment Status: Full-Time
Do you want to work for a company that gives you opportunities to grow in a collaborative environment? How about working for a manufacturer with a rich history and even brighter future? Armstrong World Industries began over 150 years ago as a small cork-cutting shop in Pittsburgh, PA. From that small business, we became the leader in ceiling, wall and suspension system solutions that contribute to better, more inspiring buildings that make a difference in the lives of people where they work, play, learn, heal and live. At Armstrong World Industries you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. Come build your future with us!
As our Plant Controller, you will be responsible for all finance and accounting aspects of the plant, partnering with the Macon plant leadership team in successfully managing the manufacturing operations and meeting financial objectives. Key areas of focus for the Plant Controller include monthly performance analysis, budget, estimate and forecast development, and analytical decision support.
What you'll be doing:
- Prepare detailed monthly forecasts for the full year based upon the production drivers and key performance metrics at the plant
- Lead a weekly review of prior week and month-to-date estimates versus budget and forecast with the plant leadership team
- Control and reconcile inventory, including reviewing or auditing the adherence to cycle count procedures and leading the annual physical inventory
- Support a lean culture by participating in gemba walks, kaizen events and value stream mapping sessions
- Control and reconcile fixed assets, including overseeing the fixed asset physical inventory
- Manage the capital project process at the plant, including the reviewing and approving of capital project requests, identifying obsolescence and project expenses, preparing financial justifications and ensuring timely creation of assets in SAP
- Prepare economic cost studies for projects concerning new or existing products, manufacturing processes, equipment, or facilities
- Annually reviewing and auditing of internal control procedures in order to sustain SOX compliance and to manage and minimize financial risk at the facility
- Prepare and develop the annual plant budget, including developing standards and updating the standards and period expense budgets in SAP
- Support the plant in generating and quantifying productivity opportunities, and support the plant management team in the implementation of initiatives.
- Support and lead the coordination of all plant internal and external financial and operational audits, and address any audit findings with plant and finance leadership
- Month-end closing responsibilities, including reporting and analyzing variances to budget and forecast for the plant management team and finance leadership
- Respond quickly and accurately to customer requests including special projects and other duties or analysis as requested by plant or finance leadership
What will make you successful:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- 5+ years of experience as a plant controller in a product manufacturing environment; relevant experience in a cost accounting or a manufacturing supervisory role may be considered in lieu of controllership
- Prior supervisory and/or management experience
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to link and analyze plant operational metrics to financial performance
- Capable of working independently and managing multiple priorities
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to share knowledge at appropriate levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills including the ability to interact comfortably and respectfully with all levels of the organization
- Customer focused with strong attention to detail and capable of delivering accurate, quality results in a timely, consistent and professional manner
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Graduate degree and/or CMA, CPA or other professional certification
- Experience with SAP, JD Edwards or similar ERP system
Why Armstrong World Industries?
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. (AWI) is a leader in the design and manufacture of innovative commercial and residential ceiling, wall and suspension system solutions. At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or restaurants, Armstrong World Industries offers interior solutions that help to enhance comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall performance, and create beautiful spaces. We built our business on trust and integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people we're here to serve - our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our employees.
- Standard benefit package offerings: Medical, dental, prescription drugs, life insurance
- Long term disability coverage
- Vacation and sick time
- Product discount programs
- 401k Match
About the Location (Macon, GA)
Our Macon Plant, one of twelve Armstrong plants in North America, employs over 400 people working on rotating shifts, 24/7, in the manufacture and shipment of acoustical ceiling tile to Armstrong's customers. Located approximately 85 miles south of Atlanta, the Macon facility has 33 acres under one roof, or million square feet of floor space. It is the largest ceiling tile factory in the world. The operations are complex, automated, use the latest modern management technology, and manufacture a wide range of commercial and residential ceiling products.
Macon, also known as the "Cherry Blossom Capital of the World", is in the heart of Georgia and marks a historical crossroads in the south. The city carries with it a rich cultural heritage while creating a strong vision for the future. Macon offers the amenities of a small friendly city with the advantages of a growing community.
Equal Opportunity Employer:AWI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans
Notice to Staffing Agencies, Placement Services, and Professional Recruiters
Armstrong World Industries, Inc. has an internal Staffing Department. Recruiters are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact AWI employees directly in an attempt to present candidates.
AWI will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to AWI, including unsolicited resumes sent to AWI via mail, email or in any form and/or method, including to AWI's resume database will be considered AWI property.
AWI will not pay a fee to any Recruiter that does not have a signed AWI contract in place specific to the position for which the resume was submitted.Recruiting vendor agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by AWI's Corporate Talent Acquisition Manager or his or her designee.
Posted 6 days ago