Sr. Software Engineer - Philadelphia | Zoek USA | 070487bfa6d14305aebb550859ed93fe
Sr. Software Engineer - Python, AWS, CI/CD
Permanent (Full time)
***This position is also available remotely working East Coast Business hours***
We bring together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career here.
The Marketing Technology engineering team is responsible for developing, integrating and operating the capabilities marketing uses to engage in Direct Mail, Email, SMS and many other critical channels. Developers will participate in design, planning, development, release, monitoring and overall delivery of our web, mobile and application deliverables. The developer will be challenged to create new features and experiences that support millions of business & customer interactions each day while meeting the highest standards of availability, stability and performance. The right candidate will be assertive and work to bring people together to help solve complex problems with an iterative approach.
- Develop and update RESTful APIs, serverless functions and associated libraries / classes and data sources
- Participate fully in agile software development team and rituals; actively participate in all ceremonies, review user stories, participate in planning sessions, estimate effort for stories / tasks, etc.
- Ensure all deliverables comply with latest industry standards & best practices for code structure, quality, organization, performance and security
- Support software releases end-to-end including monitoring and defect resolution when needed
- Perform peer code review and participate in team code reviews
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features.
- Build-out our modern web architecture to enable us to more quickly ship new features into production at scale
- Own the deployment process, release early, release quickly, iterate and improve the product
- Provides guidance to the Software Engineering team and other departments in identifying product and technical requirements.
- Ensures projects are envisioned, designed, developed, and implemented following industry best practices.
- Evangelist for Agile methodologies
- Evangelist for DevOps culture
- Ensures all solutions are well engineered, operable, maintainable, and delivered on schedule.
- Ensures that application and data security are incorporated into the design and development of each component.
- Ensures all engineers keep current with technological developments within the industry.
- Monitors current and future trends, technology and information in the web technology space that will positively affect organizational projects.
- Over 6+ Years of experience in the IT industry
- 2+ years of experience in application design and a strong familiarity with design patterns
- 2+ years building high-traffic, enterprise applications
- 2+ years of experience working in a modern development environment and shipping solid product
- 1+ years development and integration of RESTful Services
- 1+ years development with Cloud technologies, AWS a plus
- Strong Python experience a plus
- Working in environments that fully embrace the Agile methodology and DevOps model a plus
- Experience with continuous delivery tools a plus
- Experience with test automation a plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud technologies a plus
- Excellent organizational, technical, financial, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to think strategically and critically.
- Ability to work with all levels within the organization, including field service team members' management, cross-departmental teams and senior leadership.
- Experience working on an enterprise scale web application preferred
- Experience in administration of production environments in distributed enterprise wide solutions
- Experience in Availability, Capacity, Disaster Recovery planning
- Administered, maintained, developed and implemented policies and procedures to ensure security and enterprise wide data integrity
- Adept at developing strategic plans and working with large and distributed teams
- Familiarity with current software design methodologies including agile (scrum) development process.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related disciplines; extensive, directly-related experience may be considered in-lieu of degree(s).
- Experience in Cable / Telecom is a plus.
- Experience in the Marketing & Sales domains is a plus
- Ability to communicate technical details to wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail in an environment that requires regular evaluation and negotiation of priorities
- Excellent skills in emotional intelligence, influencing, and persuasion with individual and group stakeholders.
- Strong speaking, writing, collaboration and follow-up skills.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills - the ability to interact with many different people, internally and externally
Posted 1 days ago