Associate Merchant - Chantilly | Zoek USA | 0704602ad3114a4aad1d7b475ea3a312
Permanent (Full time)
Company DescriptionSince 1959 Alpha Industries has designed and sold high quality, military-inspired outerwear that remains true to its heritage. The authenticity of the brand's top styles, the MA-1 Flight Jacket and the M-65 Field Coat, was born of purpose as a result of the first contracts awarded by the . Department of Defense over 50 years ago. Even today both styles, among many others, have kept Alpha Industries at the forefront of military fashion offering new fits, silhouettes, colors, and detailing. Available in department stores, specialty shops, and fashion retailers around the globe, Alpha also collaborates with top brands and designers. For more information, visit .
Alpha Industries offers a casual, family-friendly work culture. You'll be joining a passionate team that works hard to deliver on our brand mission and to ensure that our customers have a positive experience with our outerwear.
Job DescriptionThe Associate Merchant works closely with the Senior Director on product assortments and financial performance goals and is responsible for the flow of information between Planning, Product, Sales and Marketing departments.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Own and provide analysis of some business categories and articulate research to Senior Director and cross-functional partners.
- Responsible for some seasonal category line plans that effectively and accurately guide design, product development and production along with supporting divisional objectives.
- Responsible for assorting and presenting seasonal product assortments for some categories of business to Senior Director that meet financial targets.
- Responsible for compiling information for GTM to help Marketing prepare accurate information for Sales.
- Maintain and demonstrate knowledge of customer base and competitive landscape
- Analyze selling/market data, write reports, create documents and presentations to assist in successful line creation.
- Manage samples and responsible for tracking them in and out of the office.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to develop line based on Market research and customer feedback.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, coupled with strong organization skills
- Must have strong understanding of Retail Math.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in merchandising assistant role; preferably in Apparel.
Alpha Industries offers competitive pay and outstanding benefits package. Alpha Industries' corporate headquarters is located in Chantilly, VA, Sales and Marketing located in New York, NY and Distribution Center in Knoxville, TN. Alpha Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To learn more about a rewarding career with Alpha Industries, please visit our website at .!
Posted 2 days ago