Finance & Strategy - San Francisco | Zoek USA | 07043f404a194318ab09273a42eac8ce
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Finance & Strategy, Global Ad Sales Associate
San Francisco, CA
Permanent (Full time)
Nextdoor is where neighbors turn for trusted connections and the exchange of helpful information, goods, and services. Nextdoor's purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely is the neighborhood hub for you, your neighbors, and the broader local community. Nextdoor's purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Building connections in the real world is a universal human need. That truth, and the reality that neighborhoods are one of the most important and useful communities in our lives have been guiding principles for Nextdoor. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in neighborhoods around the world in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Australia, and Canada, with many more to come.
Meet your Future Neighbors
Nextdoor's Finance & Strategy team is responsible for enabling and improving strategic and financial decision-making across Nextdoor. We maintain the company's operating models, analyze product roadmaps and capital allocation decisions, interface with investors, and engage in strategic decisions (., product go-to-market plans and pricing). We provide timely and clear data and recommendations. Business partners appreciate our insight and trust us to help them solve difficult problems and investors look to us to educate them on Nextdoor's business, strategy, and outlook.
The Impact You Will Make
As a Global Ad Sales Associate on the Nextdoor Finance & Strategy team, you will be a key driver of revenue strategy and financial planning and analysis for Nextdoor's largest business unit. You will build and execute core operational processes, such as daily, weekly, and monthly metrics reporting and analytics, advertiser demand forecasting, and sales team performance tracking and optimization. In your role, you will also work on a broad spectrum of special projects ranging from cost/benefit analyses of potential strategic partnerships to designing resource allocation models. You will work closely with senior finance and sales leaders on a day-to-day basis.
This is a high-impact role. You will be a self-starter, independent thinker, deeply analytical, and detailed-oriented, capable of working in a structured manner to thrive in ambiguity. You will work cross-functionally with Sales, Account Management, Account Operations, Marketing, Data Science, Product, Engineering, Accounting, and Legal, developing a deep understanding of Nextdoor's business and translating this knowledge into concise insights and strategic recommendations to optimize key elements of the Global Ad Sales organization.
This position will be based in San Francisco and will report to the Finance & Strategy Lead for Global Ad Sales.
- Develop daily, weekly, and monthly financial and operational metrics dashboards and reports using data systems such as Google Ad Manager, Salesforce, Qubole, and Looker and leverage this data to surface key insights and drive strategic decision making at all levels of the company (business partner, executive, board)
- Lead sales analytics initiatives such as advertiser demand forecasting, sales team performance tracking and optimization, and various data-driven ad hoc analyses supporting key business/product decisions
- Model unit economics, revenue, COGS, and opex trends in Excel to support quarterly, annual, and long-range business planning
- Manage the sales organization budget and analyze product roadmaps and resource/capital allocation to maximize RoIC
- Support quota-setting processes and run necessary analytics to support bottoms-up planning
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses to support performance improvement programs across the Global Ad Sales organization that will build the foundation to scale. This will include contributing to the development of go-to-market playbooks, strategic projects to optimize sales productivity, product roadmap and launches, pipeline analytics, and more
What You Will Bring to The House
- 3-to-5 years of relevant experience, including 2-3 experience with financial modeling (., investment banking, private equity) and 1-to-3 years of experience in business intelligence, analytics, finance, business/sales operations, sales strategy, or related field at a digital advertising company
- A highly analytical and inquisitive work style with keen attention to detail, complemented by the ability to see beyond the numbers and drive meaningful business decisions
- Advanced proficiency in Excel; a strong understanding of relational databases and CRM platforms; experience with Salesforce, Qubole, and/or Looker a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- A strong passion for Nextdoor's mission
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the customers we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Posted 2 days ago