IT Manager - Murfreesboro | Zoek USA | 07034e07b27e400d8520545f7e57bee1
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
IT Manager, Business Application Support
Permanent (Full time)
Ascend is the largest credit union in Middle Tennessee and one of the largest credit unions in the United States, with over $3 billion in assets. With an occupation-based field of membership, Ascend is focused on the expansion and diversification of the select employee groups it serves, which creates greater security for the credit union and its member-owners. Approximately 650 employees serve more than 207,000 members from 29 Middle Tennessee branch locations, Regional Operations Center, Teller Center and Corporate Headquarters.
Ascend recognizes that its employees are critical to the credit unions sustained success and future growth. Our employees are the face of the credit union and their personal successes fuel the success of the team. Through collaboration between employees, management, our membership and our Board, we fuel an engine that propels the credit union forward.
What We Offer
Thank you for your interest in a career with Ascend Federal Credit Union! Being employed by Ascend is vastly different than just holding a job. The credit union prides itself on providing employees rewarding career opportunities, competitive benefits and a unique work culture. The credit unions commitment to its employees is fostered by its commitment to the member-owners, ensuring dedicated and engaged employees to serve the membership. Ascends vision to be the most loved credit union in our market by employees and members alike has earned the credit union distinctions including Federal Credit Union of the Year (NAFCU, 2015), Best Credit Union to Work For (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020) and Training Top 125 (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019).
The Manager of Business Application Support reports to the VP of Business Application Support and is responsible for leading technical support, process development, and vendor management for business-aligned systems and software. The role is accountable for execution and delivery of the strategic vision and is responsible for leading the support and modernization of vendor applications and core platform services.
Application Development & Support
Articulate direction and roles for an effective team, consistent with the organizations mission, strategy, and direction.
Optimize core processing services by leveraging a deep knowledge of credit union business processes and core platform capabilities.
Demonstrate knowledge and proficiency of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and/or Agile Software Development methodologies.
Lead the analysis and development of application software code for new or existing software enhancements.
Lead initiatives to modernize legacy applications and supporting processes to maximize business enablement and application usability.
Manage and develop vendor relationships to ensure SLOs and deliverables are achieved in support of stated business objectives.
Manage and develop relationships with internal business customers and peer IT teams.
Participate in the strategic planning process by developing positive relationships with executive leadership and by defining achievable operational goals.
Identify, monitor, and evaluate key metrics to ensure system health and business progress within areas of influence.
Deliver formal and informal training, coaching, and mentoring for direct reports, ensuring expected behavior and progress are achieved.
Monitor, tracks, and adjust project/task priorities to gauge progression of unit goals and overall business objectives.
Actively lead the team to stay ahead of vendor contract expirations, security certificate expirations, software patches, and any other system updates that could affect production operations.
Demonstrate a strong ability to perform failure analysis and determine corrective actions for restoring production applications and preventing future issues.
Achieve monthly and annual Return-To-Service (recovery time) and Availability targets for responsible applications and vendors.
Maintain a strong sense of urgency supporting day-to-day on-call support, issue resolution, development, and maintenance of software applications
Advise IT leadership on business application capabilities and options through research/analysis of internal and external business data, industry best practices, and competitive technology information.
Maintain a high degree of poise and tact to represent the credit union positively in outside contacts and with employees.
Possess excellent service, communication, analytics, and problem-solving skills.
Continuously pursue self-improvement (technical skills, leadership skills, soft skills, etc.).
Demonstrate and instill a positive team culture that is eager to learn and is member-focused.
- Four-year college degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent work experience.
- Five to eight years of software development experience.
- At least 5 years of banking and/or credit union industry experience or expertise within financial services.
- 3-5 years of experience in a team leadership role.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal communication skills to communicate professionally.
- A high degree of poise and tact to represent the credit union positively in outside contacts.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work with minimum supervision.
- Working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and the internet desired.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Possession of a valid, unrestricted drivers license.
- Ability to operate or have ability to be trained to operate related office equipment, including calculator, check and receipt printers, computer terminal (PC), multifunction copier, telephone and typewriter.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of the following:
- PowerOn, PowerOn Studio, and SymForm Programming
- Experience with federal banking/credit union regulatory agencies and how to remain compliant while still delivering strategic capabilities and business value.
- Proven success delivering highly effective member experiences in financial services.
Connect With Us
Facebook Twitter Instagram LinkedIn
Ascend Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted 1 days ago