Large Case Group NCG - Chicago | Zoek USA | 0703204b6863434db13e82a2f0b27042
Large Case Group NCG
Permanent (Full time)
Job Posting End Date: February 25
Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum's financial protection benefits help protect more than 36 million working people and their families from the financial impact of illness or injury. Unum's three distinct, but similarly focused US businesses - Unum US, Colonial Life, and Starmount Life - are each a market leader in making disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental, and vision insurance accessible in the workplace.
Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Unum also has significant US operations in Portland, Maine, - and over 35 field offices nationwide. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina with over 40 field offices nationwide. Starmount Life is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and is the dental and vision center of excellence for Unum in the US.
The Unum Senior Account Executive is responsible for contributing to sales goals, through building relationships with other insurance professionals - brokers, financial planners, agents, stockbrokers, consultants, enrollment firms and other Unum sales professionals. The Senior Account Executive is the marketing and technical expert who represents Unum, educating and motivating other professionals to sell our products to their clients with particular focus on selling the full portfolio of integrated products. The Senior Account Executive is responsible for achieving profitable revenue growth through ethical operations and balance of Unum's risk objectives with integrated sales goals attainment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Build, maintain and enhance strong producer relationships through superior product and services knowledge, territory management practices, and excellent customer service.
- Achieve office and personal sales goals through consultation, negotiations and positioning of Unum offerings within profit and product design guidelines.
- Identify and procure new customer sales opportunities in partnership with brokers in territory
- Execute on the annual renewal strategy in support of office renewal goals.
- Manage the inforce block of business to build new/integrated sales opportunities with existing clients
- Manage a high volume quote/sales activity territory with primary focus on small to mid-sized employers
- Represent both Group, Dental/Vision and Voluntary products in the local market
- Operating within reliable business acquisition and retention processes, effectively utilize technology, financial analysis practices, marketing tools, and the support infrastructure, including full knowledge of the enrollment process to generate successful product and service solutions for our customers.
- Effectively understand and collaborate with all Field and Home Office resources in the acquisition and retention of business.
- Build strong field sales/service team partnership. Energize the sales, enrollment and service support team by clarifying the broader purpose and mission of their work. Encourage high standards of performance.
- Develop solution selling skills by understanding employee benefit challenges and issues facing employers and provide solutions to these challenges.
- Bachelors degree required
- Licensed to solicit insurance in the states within assigned territory (use Field Comp Policy & Practice document for specific details on licensing requirements)
- Able to articulate Unum's value proposition as it relates to employee benefits, exhibits a thorough, deep understanding of Unum's products and services
- Ability to demonstrate a leadership presence with internal and external partners with strong ability to create relationships and be a team player
- Superior interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to quickly analyze, adapt, incorporate and apply new information and concepts
- Strength in applying accurate logic and common sense in making decisions
- Ability to excel in a highly charged, fast paced environment, handling multiple, often competing priorities
- Excellent time management, organization and project management abilities
- Ability to aggregate a variety of statistical data and draw accurate conclusions
- Demonstrate a willingness to experiment with new ideas, within acceptable boundaries
- Full understanding of underwriting and risk concepts.
- Demonstrate a "can-do" spirit, a sense of optimism, ownership and commitment
- Ability to travel
- Preference for certification as LG Case GR, LG case VB or successful completion of the Management Development Program
- Prior qualification for Sales Conference
- Balanced production in all products consistent with goal attainment across multiple years
- Demonstrated leadership within the office
Our company is built on helping individuals and families, and this starts with our employees. We want employees to maintain a positive balance, which is why we provide access to the benefits and resources they need to invest in themselves. From our onsite fitness facilities and generous paid time off to employee professional development programs, we are committed to helping employees live and work their best - both inside and outside the office.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
Posted 1 days ago