Fire Alarm Designer - Norfolk | Zoek USA | 0702c5baff724fa58674fef44cd9be17
Fire Alarm Designer
Permanent (Full time)
What you will do
The primary role of the Fire Alarm Designer is to design fire alarm systems for Johnson Controls projects. Acting as a design lead on large complex multi-faceted projects and directing other members of the design team supporting these projects
How you will do it
- Organizes and plans own workload, helps to direct workload of less experienced design team members, and additionally works with other design teams when required.
- Facilitates reviews of initial designs of medium complexity to provide value engineered/code compliant solutions where required.
- Coordinates with CAD Support Technicians to prepare fully detailed technical submissions with complete detailed schematics and drawings to meet design criteria.
- Oversees CAD Support Technicians in the preparation of project submissions for medium complexity systems including: system operation, drawings, and calculations.
- Completes detailed calculations to verify system design meets code and standard requirements.
- Participates in pre/post project design meeting and attends customer/site coordination meetings, as applicable.
- Develops bill of materials to facilitate construction.
- Examines completed submissions in conjunction with CAD Support Technician for equipment application, equipment compatibility, and compliance with specifications and scope.
- Provides support to Project Managers when orders have been received to assist in maintaining and/or improving project margins.
- Ability to obtain appropriate licenses required by national, state and local codes.
- Experienced with NFPA 72 (National Fire Alarm Code)
- Experience in Fire Alarm, Security, Nurse Call, CCTV and/or Construction Industry.
- Demonstrated ability in drafting/CAD, computer skills estimating/pricing, and project management.
- Proficient in reading and understanding architectural and electrical diagrams
- Knowledge of multiple electronic building systems.
- Advanced understanding of mechanical systems and their interface to fire alarm systems.
- Fundamental understanding of Microsoft Office Suite including, Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, Adobe
- Effective written and oral communications.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Ability to work a full-time schedule
- Available for local travel
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Drafting (AutoCad) preferred, Or equivalent field experience.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in design of Fire and Security systems.
- NICET Certification of Minimum Level I
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit ######
Posted 2 days ago