Automotive Body Shop Technician - Sterling Heights | Zoek USA | 07028faee4d6494db1d4b75ae547fd4b
Automotive Body Shop Technician
Sterling Heights, MI
Permanent (Full time)
The Suburban organization believes that its strength, continued success, future growth, and profitability depend on building trusting relationships with our employees, customers, and industry partners.
Individual and organizational pride are critical elements of our future.
Our people make all the difference.
This belief fosters a commitment to provide opportunities for growth and new challenges for our employees so they may achieve professional development and personal fulfillment.
Working with our local communities, we help and support those people and organizations whose fulfillment enhances their quality of life as it does our own.
We will continually strive to define, improve and operate by setting the highest standards in the retail automobile industry.
- Stay up to date on the latest repair methods and techniques for the vehicles sold and serviced by the dealership
- Perform all body and fender repairs according to estimate and supplement as necessary
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy
- Perform welding, soldering, body alignment, and oxidizing operations
- Diagnose the cause of malfunction and perform needed repair
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts
- Examine vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required
- Advise Body Shop Manager if additional work is needed
- Use basic mathematical skills to solve simple equations for mixing chemicals
- Follow factory and dealership procedures when performing warranty work
- Save and tag all warranty parts for storage
- Is familiar with the latest technical bulletins, service manuals, and other service publications
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes and keeps abreast of factory technical bulletins
- Operate all equipment in Body Shop in a safe and productive manner
- Maintain his stall in an orderly and clean manner
- Use discretion in using company materials and supplies
- Light painting, if deemed qualified and necessary by the Manager
- Ensure customer’s cars are kept clean
- Document all work performed as soon as the job is completed
- Understands and follow federal, state, and local regulations, such as the disposal of hazardous waste
- Will secure permission from management and write up an RO before doing any work on personal vehicle
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Past experience required
- Completion of vocational program preferred, but not required
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Clean and valid driver’s license
What We Offer
- 401k with company match
- Medical, dental, vision, short-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (2x annual income)
- Vacation pay
- Company-wide wellness program (open to all employees and spouses)
- Almost limitless growth opportunities (32 different automotive brands in over 44 locations)
- Company stability (66 years, continual growth, largest auto group in Michigan, 18th largest in US, annual sales in excess of $2 billion in 2014)
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Posted 14 days ago