Referral Coordinator - Phoenix | Zoek USA
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Permanent (Full time)
Equality Health is an Arizona-based population healthcare company focused on improving care delivery for underserved populations through culturally-sensitive programs that improve access, quality, and patient trust. Our mission is to ensure diverse populations receive quality healthcare that improves and enriches their lives. We have developed our product portfolio around centralized technology, services and network designs intended to organize a better healthcare delivery system for cultures that have struggled with integrating into the traditional one-size-fits-all . healthcare system.
The Referral Coordinator is primarily responsible for processing referrals for new and existing patients; and, provide support in answering phones, appointment scheduling and serve as a liaison for patient resources. This individual ensures compliance with insurance requirements and works closely with insurance payers.
Equality Health designates this position as safety-sensitive and a position that includes tasks and duties that Equality believes could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the job or others.
- Expedite patient referrals to specialty offices; fax medical records, answer patient and specialty office calls and complete referral requests
- Call insurance companies and payers for patients to determine plan coverage, obtain benefit information and precertification
- Contact patients for updated insurance information, with emphasis for patients who are non-covered or under-insured
- Maintain regular communications with and between providers and clinical staff
- Establish strong working relationship with diagnostic imaging centers to facilitate urgent scheduling of MRI's and CT Scan's for high risk patients
- Enter referrals and related documentation into electronic medical records database
- Prioritize work load and maintain an organized work space
- Track prior authorizations from patient's insurance companies for things like MRI's, CT scans, etc.
- Maintain medical records for patient's, update charts, compose invoices and accept co-payments
- Serve as the front office back-up; answer phones, check patients in and out, schedule and confirm appointments
- Scheduled patient appointments with specialists and remind patients of the appointments
- Maintain liaison with insurance companies to ensure completion of all referral related activities
- Obtain RQI's, Prior-Authorizations and delivered to required medical staff by fax
Required Knowledge, Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; Associates degree is preferred
- Minimum two (2) years of directly related work experience in the healthcare industry; experience should include knowledge of EMR systems, insurance coding and medical terminology
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and web-based technologies
- Demonstrated communication and customer service skills
- Multi-line phone proficiency
- Demonstrated knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 codes related to medical terminology and healthcare
Highly Preferred Skills, Abilities & Qualifications:
- Bilingual able to read, write, and speak Spanish and English proficiently is highly desired
- Experience with various EHR/EMR systems
- Able to handle multiple activities or interruptions and work independently in a fast-paced, customer-facing environment
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised maintaining a superior work ethic
Posted 14 days ago