Distribution Manager - Duncan | Zoek USA
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Permanent (Full time)
Why Work for Saddle Creek?
Saddle Creek is in the logistics business. Over the past 50 years, our associates built Saddle Creek into what it is today by treating each other with respect and working together to succeed. Our people make a difference every day to our clients, to our business, and to each other. The growth and success we've experienced requires smart, dedicated people working in a supportive environment.
Growing our family since 1966. Will you join us?
Location: Duncan, SC
Saddle Creek is in the logistics business. Over the past 50 years our associates have built Saddle Creek into what it is today by treating each other with respect and working together to succeed. Our people make a difference every day to our clients, to our business, and to each other. The growth and success we've experienced requires smart, dedicated people working in a supportive environment.
The Distribution Manager is responsible for the day to day operations in a fast-paced warehouse environment. This role is responsible for delivering and executing daily and short-term plans to achieve operational and business objectives.
- Manage multiple Supervisors and hourly associates in a square foot warehouse
- Plan, monitor and execute staffing schedules and adjust as needed to ensure proper staffing levels that support operational demands and business objectives
- Manage inbound and outbound loading and unloading of trucks while maintaining warehouse organization and inventory accuracy
- Maintain productivity, customer service and safety standards on a daily basis
- Provide superior customer service and maintain professional and courteous relations with strategic partners
- Train, coach, mentor and develop staff to achieve business objectives while providing career developing opportunities; conduct performance reviews
- Manage revenue and expenses compared to budget; manage and track key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Communicate to operations' staff in areas such as: objectives, policies, procedures, safety methods, practices, programs, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or related field highly preferred
- At least 8 years of leadership experience in a warehouse or distribution environment; with at least 4 years of supervisory experience required.
- Must have prior experience utilizing a Warehouse Management System (WMS), material handling equipment and/or various storage systems
- LEAN experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service and develop mutual benefiting relationships with all partners
- Possess a history of growing responsibilities within a warehouse/distribution environment
- Ability to identify and understand problems, challenges and opportunities by analyzing and comparing data to reach a beneficial conclusion
- Ability to influence change management and operational performance from areas outside of his/her direct control
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple projects and set priorities
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and general public
- Ability to read, analyze and interrupt policies and contracts
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office including: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Posted 16 days ago