Production Supervisor - Hawthorne | Zoek USA
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Permanent (Full time)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
COMPOSITES PRODUCITON SUPERVISOR 2ND SHIFT
The composites production team is looking for a production supervisor to oversee the manufacturing and integration of composite components and structures. The success of the composites production team depends on the quality, reliability, cost, manufacturability, throughput, and security of the products that you deliver. If you seek a fast-paced, dynamic environment; if you thrive on solving difficult problems where resolutions have high impact; if you love managing through persuasion and if you love the challenge of building something from scratch, then this role will be an ideal next career step.
- Lead and manage a staff of up to 40 technicians including all performance management related tasks, such as coaching, steering, and developing the team, while continuously improving labor efficiency and utilization.
- Collaborate with other production and engineering teams to develop and implement manufacturing cost reduction and efficiency improvement measures.
- Ensure product quality and conformance to specifications and resolve nonconformance issues so that they do not affect the production schedule.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the technical difficulty of the parts, assemblies, and individual tasks so that appropriately skilled technicians are assigned to the job.
- Identify training needs with the team and develop training programs so that the team continually grows in technical proficiency, and monitor labor hours, overtime, and attendance to implement improvement plans where necessary.
- Bachelors degree or 5+ years of professional experience in a manufacturing/testing environment.
- 1+ years of experience leading a team.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience in the manufacturing of composite structures.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline.
- Experience bringing teams and processes from development to production desirable.
- Lean/six sigma green belt certification or equivalent.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with engineering and production.
- Able to adapt to constant changing work assignments and fast paced work environment.
- Excellent concentration and attention to detail with outstanding work efficiency and accuracy.
- Safety training and/or safety certifications required.
- Lean manufacturing training and experience.
- Experience monitoring, tracking and continually improving total cost equation.
- Experience with applying lean manufacturing principles, efficiency methods required.
- Must be open to working extended hours and weekends, as needed.
- Must be willing to work 2 nd shift (approximate work hours are 2 PM - 12 AM).
- Must be able to travel short and/or extended trips as needed (up to 10%).
- Ability to pass Air Force background checks for Cape Canaveral and Vandenberg.
- To conform to . Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a . citizen, lawful permanent resident of the ., protected individual as defined by 8 .C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the . Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here .
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceXs Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at#########
Posted 19 days ago