SOUS CHEFS II at Maple Knoll Village - Cincinnati | Zoek USA | 07019122e18b44be9a50a888a058d417
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
SOUS CHEFS II at Maple Knoll Village
Permanent (Full time)
*Posted Date:* Jan 11, 2021
* We have 2 openings for *SOUS CHEF II *positions.
* *Location*: Maple Knoll Village - 11100 Springfield Pike. Springdale, OH 45246. /Note: online applications accepted _only_./
* *Schedule*: Must be able to work a flexible schedule. Days and hours vary. No late nights.
* *Details: * Continuum of Care community offering made from scratch meals. The sous chef will assist the executive chef in overseeing the main kitchen and 2 satellite kitchen operations. The operation does about 950 meals daily and the chef leads a team of 32 hourly associates. The ideal candidate has patience and the ability to train and grow staff.
* *Requirement*: Culinary supervisory or management experience required. Restaurant food service experience preferred. Someone with a strong training ability is a must.
* *Reports to: * Executive Chef
* *Grade: * 10
/*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available/
*We Make Applying Easy! *Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text *JOB* to *75000 *and search *requisition ID number** 445571. *Additionally, you can get in front of the hiring manager faster and share what makes you unique with a *Prerecorded Video Interview! *Click here to learn more!
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: ######
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our success - we invite you to start your journey with us today!
It's rewarding to be the best part of someone's day. No matter what your dreams are for the future, Morrison Living will help you get there. As the nation's leading provider of inspired dining, wellness, environmental, and hospitality services to senior living communities across the country, everything we do means more when it's served with care. We believe that the best way to provide meaningful, genuine experiences for residents is to train, develop, and recognize our greatest asset-our people. Joining our team means you're taking a step towards a rewarding career with opportunities to help you grow personally and professionally. Are you ready to be the best part of someone's day?
*Summary:* As a Sous Chef II, you are responsible for assisting with the overall success of the food program and overseeing culinary functions. The position entails assisting in all phases of planning, ordering, inventory, and food preparation. This includes adhering to the client's culture and guidelines, the Health Department's regulations, and the company's standards and expectations of food quality, freshness and presentation. The Sous Chef II also motivates, trains, develops, and directs the back of house associates preparing and cooking foods to accomplish the objectives of the operation to the satisfaction of the customers, clients, and management.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities:*
* Assists in coordinating and participating in the preparation and cooking of various food items.
* Assists with planning and creating menus.
* Rolls out new culinary programs in conjunction with the marketing and culinary team.
* Assists with managing cost controls and controlling expenditure.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* 5 years of related culinary experience including 1 year at the supervisory or lead level.
* Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
* Knowledge of food and industry trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, safety, food cost controls, and presentation.
* Ability to set up and distribute production sheets.
* Supervisory, leadership, training, management, and coaching skills.
* ServSafe or Department of Health Certification is preferred.
* Computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products including Excel.
* Associate's degree in Culinary Arts is preferred.
*Associates at Morrison Living are offered many fantastic benefits.*
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
* Life Insurance/AD
* Disability Insurance
* Retirement Plan
* Associate Shopping Program
* Health and Wellness Programs
* Discount Marketplace
* Identity Theft Protection
* Pet Insurance
* Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
* Commuter Benefits
* Employee Assistance Program
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
*About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry*
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)./
Req ID: 445571
Posted 1 days ago