Corporate Counsel - Culver City | Zoek USA | 0701600b146c487c8f2aa3048e41904b
Corporate Counsel - Supply Chain
Culver City, CA
Permanent (Full time)
Provide legal support across all lines of business enabling profitable growth while mitigating legal risks and assure adherence to governance policies, ethics, and country specific laws and regulations
Responsible for providing legal advice to the organization. Close liaison to business in providing a variety of corporate and commercial legal services. May perform litigation on Oracle's behalf or coordinates litigation and other legal, administrative or investigative actions handled by outside counsel. May draft, review, and negotiate major and/or non-standard technology contracts with public and private sector customers, including licensing agreements, professional services agreements, and cloud services agreements. May advise on legal issues involving government and regulatory compliance. Responds to ad hoc queries to include identification, analysis, and evaluation of risks in order to provide appropriate legal solutions. Works closely with other lawyers throughout Oracle and coordinates legal matters handled by outside lawyers. Demonstrates deep general commercial or functional knowledge across a sub discipline within the individual's specialty area(s), (., general corporate law, antitrust/competition law, securities compliance and regulatory, employment law, immigration law, cloud transactions, data privacy, risk management asset-backed financing, contract management, intellectual property, trade secrets, advertising law, registration and other resolutions specific to the computer and technology industry)
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years related experience. Bachelors degree in computer science, computer engineering, or similar background is a plus for roles within certain sub disciplines. Completed law degree and member of bar association in relevant jurisdictions. Excellent legal skills and business judgment in areas of responsibility. Proficient writing skills.
This is a remote/office based position which may be performed anywhere in the United States except for within the state of Colorado.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Company:
Oracle is one of the world's leading information technology companies as a provider of database and application software, cloud solutions, engineered systems, and services. Oracle's technology can be found in nearly every industry, and in the data centers of 98 of the Fortune 100 companies. Oracle is the first software company to develop and deploy 100 percent internet-enabled enterprise software across its entire product line: database, business applications, and application development and decision support tools.
About the Position:
Our attorneys have instinctively good judgment and impeccable integrity. We are seeking that lawyer who is a true problem-solver, one who possesses the trait to go beyond simply issue spotting. Individual contributor within Oracle's Supply Chain Legal Team who work reciprocally and creatively to provide effective and efficient legal support for Oracles hardware supply chain throughout the hardware product/infrastructure lifecycle, including complex multi-tiered development, software and hardware licensing, manufacturing, support and logistics transactions, global business operations, and supply chain-related regulatory and corporate social responsibility compliance.
- Do you have an expertise in negotiating complex hardware development, supply, contract manufacturing, logistics, and technology licensing transactions?
- Do you have a deep understanding on issues relating to hardware/product development, manufacturing, product quality, product regulatory compliance, corporate social responsibility, supplier disputes, legal issues and company policies and procedures?
- Want to be a fiduciary support for hardware-related regulatory compliance and company policies?
This job description may not represent all the duties of the position. The attorney may be asked to perform other related duties, as needed.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with complex inbound commercial transactions and programmatic support relating to hardware IP, technology and manufacturing issues, and cross-border, multi-tier supply chain models.
- Strong fiduciary focus with instinctively good judgment and impeccable integrity who is a true problem-solver who possesses the trait to go beyond simply issue spotting.
- Effective social and cross-organizational communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to be versatile, pragmatic, dedicated and creative in identifying and assessing risks, and developing consistent, practical solutions and efficient legal processes that balance business and legal considerations.
- Validated ability to learn new issues and subject areas quickly, manage challenging priorities and maintain good judgment, sense of humor and focus when working in a dynamic environment.
- Familiarity with cross-border contracting issues.
- Infrequent travel may be required.
Title: Corporate Counsel - Supply Chain
Requisition ID: 20000ZG2
Other Locations: United States