Protection and Control Commissioning Specialist - Charlotte | Zoek USA | 0700ceea0ecc46a99220185ea4c1c18c
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Protection and Control Commissioning Specialist
Permanent (Full time)
COVID-19 Precaution: Virtual Interviews
Our commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them thrive professionally is stronger than ever. Because the health of our employees and candidates is a top priority, we will be conducting our hiring process virtually and conducting interviews via phone or video until further notice. We will provide candidates selected for interviews with all the required instructions. Thank you for your interest in Sargent & Lundy.
Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services—from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance—with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Sargent & Lundy's Core Values Every decision we make is guided by our core values. By upholding these six principles, we support our clients, employees, and community. They are the compass we follow as we continue to grow our business and lead the industry.
- Quality – We provide high-quality deliverables and services through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous improvement.
- Accountability – Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect.
- Our People – We value diverse perspectives, encourage professional growth, and are committed to providing a work community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding.
- Our Clients – We deliver value and exceed our clients’ expectations through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and clear communication.
- Innovation – Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly changing world.
- Meaningful Impact – We make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live.
Protection & Control Commissioning Specialists are responsible for coordinating and monitoring work connected with the testing and commissioning of electrical transmission substations (brownfield, greenfield, air and gas-insulated).
Responsibilities may include the following:
- Oversight of project specific testing activities.
- Provide interface between testing contractors/subcontractors and client.
- Create project specific testing and commissioning plans.
- Create project specific site work plans.
- Review of test data to client standards and review of in-service test data (load flow verification).
- Monitor protective relay testing and review of relay settings.
- Monitor functional testing in accordance with the three-line current and potential and schematic diagrams.
- Monitor and review of testing of SCADA and communication systems.
- Troubleshoot issues that arise during testing activities.
Dependent upon your location, this opportunity offers a generous relocation package.
Essential skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 5 or more years of experience in commissioning and startup for high voltage substations.
- Ability and willingness to travel 75-100% of the time within the United States.
- Knowledge of testing, commissioning, maintenance, and power system theory including HV substation and line protection.
- Familiarity with microprocessor protection relays used in electric utility substations. Should have a knowledge of relays from ABB, AREVA, Siemens, GE, SEL, etc.
- Ability to read and understand AC and DC Schematic Diagrams and Wiring Diagrams for electric utility substations. This includes schematics and wiring diagrams for transmission line protection, transformer protection, bus differential protection, breaker failure protection, etc.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of the following equipment: Circuit Breakers , Transformers, Switchgear, Motors, PT's, CCVT's.
- Experience with the following test equipment: Power Factor, Ductor, Megger, CT ration & saturation, Hi-Pot.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- PE license
Posted 14 days ago