Hourly Production Laborer - Tyrone | Zoek USA | 07007535fa3b4636ad8a9ab27dd794af
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Hourly Production Laborer
Permanent (Full time)
PLEASE NOTE - in order to be considered for employment, a resume must be attached to profile prior to submission.
American Eagle Paper Mills is seeking energized, career-oriented individuals to join our team as full-time Production Staff. At American Eagle Paper Mills, we produce the highest quality recycled PAPER. Our PEOPLE, an exceptional team of experienced American manufacturers, set us apart. Our products are better for the PLANET because we use fewer natural resources and recycle fiber to make them.
OPEN POSITIONS: Stock Prep, Winder Operators, Back Tenders, Machine Tenders, Rewinder Operators, and Sheeter Operators.
DEPARTMENTS: Production (Furnish Prep, Machine Room, Finishing, Sheeters)
LOCATION: 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Tyrone PA 16686
REPORTS TO: Department Supervisor
POSITION STATUS: Full Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
BASIC JOB FUNCTIONS
- Inspecting and operating fork trucks, clamp trucks, and tugs.
- Removing wires, wrappers, and other debris found in bales of paper when loading the conveyers.
- Assisting the machine operators and other material handlers with their job duties.
- Inspecting the acceptability of finished products, calling any issues to the attention of the operators.
- Transporting rolls or skids of paper to the Finishing area or storage areas.
- Loading/unloading rolls using proper equipment and paper moving techniques.
- Assisting the machine operators in splicing rolls and threading the winder.
- Replenishing operating and packaging supplies to keep the production lines uninterrupted.
- Observing all Mill and department safety policies and procedures.
- Understanding the hazards in the workplace and working safely and responsibly.
- Maintaining a good area housekeeping in the department, and disposing of any waste according to the department requirements.
- Maintain quality standards.
- Must be able to walk distance to the work area and throughout the plant.
- Must be able to stand for 8-12 hours daily.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to read and comprehend a tape measure.
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts that rotate between 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM and 7:00 PM to 7:00 AM.
- Exceptional attendance is required.
- Previous manufacturing experience is helpful, but not required.
- Manufacturing environment which requires the use of appropriate safety equipment including safety shoes, safety glasses, and hearing protection in all areas of the Mill. In some areas hard hats may be required. Cut-resistant gloves and face shields may be required while performing some duties.
- Fast-paced environment while working under pressure.
- Smoke-free property.
- Free ice and water machines throughout the Mill.
- Free popsicles during summer months.
- Break room with vending area.
- 70% Company-Paid Medical (with HRA), Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance Available
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Verizon Wireless cell phone discount
- Optional Christmas Club enrollment
- 7 Paid Holidays
- 1 Week Vacation after 1 Year of Service; 2 Weeks after 3 Years; 3 Weeks after 5 Years
ABOUT AMERICAN EAGLE PAPER MILLS
Nestled in the rolling hills of Pennsylvanias eastern Allegheny Mountains, American Eagle Paper Mills serves as the lifeblood of the town of Tyrone and its surrounding community. Built in the 1880s, the mill operated continuously, until 2001, when its former owner, MeadWestvaco, unexpectedly ceased operations at the facility. Jobs were lost. Families were devastated. The mill whistle fell silent.
In 2003, a group of local investors, past mill managers, and business leaders came together with a plan to revive the paper mill, under the name of American Eagle Paper Mills. With a vision of sustainability, the team set out to rebuild a paper mill that could sustain the families of Tyrone by producing papers sustainably with recycled fiber. Using integrated deinking technology, the mill converts paper waste into premium uncoated printing and writing papers.
American Eagle Paper Mills produces approximately 300 tons of recycled paper products daily. That is the equivalent of converting 15 truckloads of paper waste into premium printing, writing and specialty papers. The mill employs approximately 240 people, up over 40% from the startup in 2003.
In 2016, the company further strengthened its commitment to sustainability with an $8 million investment replacing its 1957 coal fired boiler with a highly efficient natural gas boiler. The new energy source, combined with an upgraded power distribution system in the mill, dramatically reduced greenhouse gas emissions, lowered water intake by 82 %, and positioned AEPM for future sustainable growth into new paper markets. We celebrated the completion of this milestone project with mill stakeholders and community members re-starting the historic mill whistle.
As we look to the future, American Eagle Paper Mills will continue to bring recycled papers into new markets and to new customers.
WHY AMERICAN EAGLE PAPER MILLS
AEPM is locally owned and operated since 2003.
- Ethical values
- Product quality and reliability
- Commitment to clients and customers
- Continual self-improvement
- Direct, open, and honest communication
COMPANY CULTURE: AEPM cares for its employees and their families and offers the following…
- Birthday recognition
- Annual holiday party
- Company outing
- Casual dress in most areas of the Mill.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- 2018 Governors Award for Environmental Excellence in PA by the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection
- 2017 Friends of the River Award by the Little Juniata River Association
- 2017 Leadership in Sustainability Award by the American Forest & Paper Association
- 2017 Leadership in Sustainable Business Award by the Pennsylvania Resources Council
- 2015 Alexander Notopoulos Award for Blair Countys Business Firm of the Year
- Featured in Paper360
- Featured on Weird, But True! TV series
- Recognized on PA Business Centrals Top 100 Organizations list in 2015, 2016, and 2017.
TRAINING & CAREER ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES
American Eagle Paper Mills provides training for new hires who have little or no experience in the manufacturing setting. All new hires are required to participate in safety orientation. Production staff are trained and certified on fork/clamp trucks. Production staff have career advancement opportunities throughout their department.
American Eagle Paper Mills is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. All offers of employment are contingent on a pre-employment physical and drug screen. Please visit **** for more information on AEPM
Posted 3 days ago