Controller (33449) - Waukesha | Zoek USA | 070070ba75644010bdc7311906474f98
Permanent (Full time)
Our client is an industry leading financial services company located just west of Milwaukee that is currently looking for a Controller to join their team. This position will oversee the accounting function and prepare financial statements for review of the CFO. With growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for advancement within the organization.
The company boasts an awesome team-oriented culture, flexible schedule allowing for great work/life balance and strong benefits. They pride themselves on providing their employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed.
The Controller will be hands-on and oversee the accounting and finance functions for the organization. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare reports to summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Lead the facilitation of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement close processes and reporting.
- Oversee and manage all general ledger activity.
- Direct accounting activities, ensuring compliance with accounting policies and controls processes, including but not limited to: general accounting, payables, payroll, fund balancing, receivables and all associated accounting reconciliations.
- Support and help drive key initiatives and improvements across the organization and manage change.
- Manage and lead a team.
- The Controller will perform other duties as needed.
- The Controller will have 8+ years progressing roles in accounting and/or finance. Financial services industry experience preferred.
- Demonstrated management and leadership experience.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office products.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA and/or MBA a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted 3 days ago