Physical Education Teacher - Naperville | Zoek USA
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Physical Education Teacher
Permanent (Full time)
Openings as of 10/20/2020
- Adapted PE Teacher JobID: 10859
- Position Type:
Special Education/Student Services/ Adapted Physical Education Teacher
- Date Posted:
Travel between 2 or more buildings
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Perform functions to instruct students on established curriculum ensuring each individual is provided with the knowledge, proficiencies and experiences necessary to become successful contributing citizens in an ever-changing world. This is a long-term sub position.
- Plan and instruct students on District and state standards aligned curriculum.
- Develop lesson plans and goals that meet District expectations.
- Enrich or modify lessons, curriculum, materials and resources as needed to meet individual student's needs and varying levels of progress.
- Conduct formal and informal assessments to evaluate student progress. Administer standardized assessments as directed. Interpret student assessment data for application of instructional methods and monitoring of student progress.
- Review student progress via assessments, maintain records of student work, and develop intervention strategies to ensure student success and growth.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing with parents and students on progress.
- Meet regularly and work collaboratively with other grade level or departmental teachers and support teachers to plan instruction across classrooms and to incorporate lessons across subjects.
- Meet regularly with support teachers, teacher assistants and specialists to discuss individual student's modifications or adaptations, ongoing learning issues, interventions or problems. Work collaboratively to ensure individual student's needs met.
- Assign work, instructions or lessons to student teachers and/or volunteers. Assess work, modify and provide regular feedback.
- Actively participate on various building and District teams or committees. Provide feedback and act as liaison to other building staff.
- Set clear expectations for class and manage classroom and school environment applying positive behavior supports and interventions as needed.
- Collaborate with other staff in planning, modifying, enhancing and implementing curriculum and school and district objectives.
- Establish a safe atmosphere conducive to a positive learning environment. Act as role model by encouraging appropriate behaviors that lead to social, emotional and physical development.
- Enforce and support school policies, philosophies and objectives with students and parents.
- Participate in staff development and school improvement activities in order to maintain professional growth. Plan and incorporate best practices or new strategies.
- Participate in events outside of the regularly scheduled work day such as orientation, open houses or conferences.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
The qualified candidate will have a valid Illinois Professional Educator License with secondary endorsements in: PE (K-12), Adapted PE approval
Rate of pay: Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Working Conditions: Elementary School.
Selection Procedure: Qualified candidates will be contacted by the appropriate building administrator.
Email To A Friend
Posted 5 days ago