Engineered Systems DBA (Systems Analyst 4) (NSC) - Louisville | Zoek USA | 0700124b10aa42d5a01868fe0a2b3167
Engineered Systems DBA (Systems Analyst 4) (NSC)
Permanent (Full time)
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As an Advisory Systems Engineer, you are expected to be an expert member of the problem-solving/avoidance team and be highly skilled in solving extremely complex (often previously unknown), critical customer issues. Performing the assigned duties with a high level of autonomy and reporting to management on customer status and technical matters on a regular basis, you will be expected to work with very limited guidance from management. Further, the Advisory Systems Engineer is sought by customers and Oracle employees to provide expert technical advice.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Because of substantial customer interfacing, a demonstrated ability to work with customers on an independent basis with exceptional communication skills, while consistently achieving the absolute highest levels of customer satisfaction. Both a Bachelor*s and Master*s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience 8 years related experience prior to taking this position. In addition, experience with Oracle*s core products, applications, and tools.
*This is a remote/office based position which may be performed anywhere in the United States except for within the state of Colorado.*
*Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.*
*Role:*Oracle Engineered Systems DBA
*Location:*Frisco, TX, is ideal, but telecommuting/remote from anywhere in the US OK.
*Clearance: *Must be eligible to receive Public Trust clearance
ORACLE'S ADVANCED CUSTOMER SERVICES (ACS)
Senior Oracle DBA
Responsibilities falls into five major areas:
* Customer Affinity
o Obtains and maintains a working knowledge of the customers covered environments and how the customer utilizes the various Oracle Products.
* Technical Account Management
o Works proactively with the customer to understand key customer projects, pertinent goals, and customer Key Performance Indicators, (KPI).
o Jointly develops an account plan and strategy with the Service Delivery Manager, for leveraging the acquired ACS services to achieve the desired value-based objectives.
o Perform ongoing technical account oversight and conduct periodic Account Reviews.
* Coordination of Contracted Deliverables
o Jointly develops a Service Delivery Plan with the Service Delivery Manager, that maps key account objectives to specific contract deliverables identified with the ACS contracts.
o Manage the Delivery Plan, coordinate resource assignments, and manage Projects to drive the desired results & deliver high-value to the customer.
o Properly manage project efforts to prevent scope-creep and ensure optimal profit margin.
* Establish Service Value Proposition
o Works collaboratively with the customer and other members of the account team to understand the Key Business Specifications, the appropriate KPI's, and the associated Payback Avenues to drive ROI for the customer.
* Assist with Business Development
o Recognizes and solicits business opportunities within customer accounts and develops to the point where the sales organization can engage in deal pursuit.
The specific details of their responsibilities and task will vary with the type of contract or contracts being covered.
As a 'Trusted Technical Advisor', you are expected to be an expert member of the problem-solving/avoidance team and be highly skilled in solving extremely complex (often previously unknown), critical customer issues. Utilizing any and all ACS, GCS or Product Management individuals to bring positive results to the customers.
Performing the assigned duties with a high level of autonomy and reporting to management on customer status and technical matters on a regular basis, you will be expected to work with very limited guidance from management. Furthermore, the Technical Project Lead should strive to become an individual who is sought out by customers and Oracle employees to provide expert technical advice.
Demonstrates in-depth understanding of customers' industries and core business processes, and their technical and business needs. Builds significant long-term relationships with key customer contacts. Significant background in Professional Services, Account Management, Project Management, Enterprise IT Management, Customer Support, Enterprise software deployments, and substantial Business Acumen. PMP and standard ITIL Certification is desirable.
Strong interpersonal skills, Extensive customer "face-to-face" experience at middle or executive levels, Strong relationship building skills, Solid industry experience/knowledge conflict management skills, time management and self management ability, expertise in large (multi-site or international project management, general IT business acumen, strong team orientation and substantial experience in IT account management.
*Preferred Qualifications: *
* Minimum of a Bachelor level degree in Computer Science, with Master's degree a plus or degrees in Engineering along with equivalence of 8 years related work experience.
* In addition, experience with Oracle's products suite. Oracle skills include Oracle RDBMS (11 - 19c), Oracle ADB, Advanced DataGuard, Exadata/ExaCC/ODA/ZRDLA, Exalytics, GoldenGate, Real Applications Clusters/CRS, Real Applications Testing, Oracle E-Business Suite R12, Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), partitioning. Big Data and Hadoop are a plus.
* Oracle Application: Oracle OCP certified or OCM Oracle Certified Master (Desired not required)
* Understand business-impact of technology problems
* Demonstrated ability to coordinate the resolution of escalated issues
* A good understanding of support processes
* Manage escalated technical situations & develop action plans
* Provide proactive support to benefit the customer
* Ability to facilitate issues with Development and Support
* The ability to perform in-depth analysis
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Proficient in spoken and written English
* Exercise good judgment with respect to the customer and Oracle
* Strong team player
* Self-starter, innovative, resourceful, and results oriented
Position shall require travel to customer sites at a minimum of four times per year. The Technical Lead provides both remote and onsite support services to customers. The goal is to establish an overall end-to-end partnership with the client that fosters proactive planning, improves communications, and maximizes effectiveness and productivity for both companies within regards to the database.
The goal of the TL is to enable Solution Center is to be low volume, high touch, high value in building a partnership with the customer.
* Provide training in technology area as well as customer environments
* Maintain affinity with customer
* The technical face to the customer
* Review of incoming work for SSC (SR, projects, on site, etc.)
* Negotiate Service Request work
* Determine skills requires for work
* Allocate work to appropriate resource (ACS, GCS, COE, etc.)
* Identify new opportunities
* Aware of resources available and assign them
* Knowledge of customer environments and systems
* Aware of contract requirements and ACS services available.
* Research technical and industry related issues
* Root cause analysis of difficult problems and their solutions
* Facilitate resolution of support requests for the customer through the utilization of SSC, ACS and GCS resources.
* Interfacing with the SDM to help explain the situation and expedite resolution
* Perform patch validation
* Learn new skills to work with customer projects
* Bring GCS, "proactive" and technical experts to the "table"
* Hands on & on site work
* Identify and communicate pertinent Oracle alerts
* Communicate Oracle's future enhancements plans
* Provide future direction and guidance on application deployment plans
* Perform regular status reviews of problems/issues
* Interface with Oracle development, consulting and on-site support
* Provide enhancement management
* Provide education/communications on support efficiencies and Oracle Support Services
* 24X7 capability, some travel may be required
***This position is not eligible for sponsorship.***
**Title:** *Engineered Systems DBA (Systems Analyst 4) (NSC)*
**Location:** *United States*
**Requisition ID:** *20000W57*
Posted 1 days ago