Associate Actuary - Green Bay | Zoek USA | 0700074447a14ddeaa8ab8e5efbdeb90
Associate Actuary, Actuarial Risk Management
Green Bay, WI
Permanent (Full time)
The Associate Actuary, Risk and Compliance is responsible for the overall management and oversight of actuaries and/or support staff where activities are concerned with identifying and managing risks. Identifies and analyzes potential risks and estimates the potential financial consequences, develops and recommends controls and cost-effective approaches to minimize risks. The Associate Actuary, Risk and Compliance work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
This role on the Actuarial Risk Management team ensures consistent and adequate risk management practices across the actuarial community. Primarily focuses on partnerships with two to three lines of business while staying integrated with enterprise-wide initiatives. Leads and participates in one or more cross-departmental committees. Risk management assurance consists of, but is not limited to, performing independent peer review, monitoring and assessing key risk topics, recommending controls and approaches to mitigate risk, and researching information to support the Chief Actuary's risk management initiatives. Regularly works with actuarial leaders to present recommendations. Must be able to balance attention to detail with high-level critical thinking.
The role requires familiarity with a variety of technology for peer reviewing models across the actuarial community, such as Excel VBA, SQL, SAS, R, DataRobot, and Humana's Machine Learning Platform. Candidates should also be familiar with Humana's Guiding Principles (Modeling Principles, Communication Principles, Key Driver Ranges), standard actuarial methods and best practices of constructing models, manipulating and aggregating data, applying appropriate trends or adjustments, and documentation.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in two or more lines of business or actuarial functions (Pricing, Reserving, Forecasting, etc.)
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) designation
- Member of the American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA)
- Meets requirements for Humana's Actuarial Professional Development Program (APDP)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Experience with advanced analytics, machine learning, or other data science applications
- Experience leading a committee or workgroup
- Passionate about peer review
Scheduled Weekly Hours