Signature/Fine Dining Specialty Cook - South Gate | 30135 | Zoek USA
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Signature/Fine Dining Specialty Cook, Napa Rose - Full Time
South Gate, Alabama
Permanent (Full time)
Artists, visionaries, storytellersthats the Signature Dining team at Disneyland Resort. Under our Culinary Director, Chef Andrew Sutton, our fine dining restaurants offer incredible growth opportunities to develop your skills as a professional chef, culinarian, and craftsman. With access to the best ingredients, our award-winning restaurants set the backdrop for one-of-a-kind experiences that can only be brought to life through our connection to our food.
A Specialty Cook at Napa Rose is responsible for execution of all menu categories and specific recipes for all menu items including timing, quality, temperature, portion, and presentation. Cooks at key production stations in the preparation of meats, fish, and poultry by braising, baking, roasting, (oven or rotating spit) and high-level skillet/sauté work required in a fine dining restaurant. Will also partner with Front of House to ensure Cast training/knowledge of product ensuring a smooth operation.
The starting rate for a Fine Dining Specialty Cook is $ per hour.
- Knowledge of cooking techniques such as braising, baking, roasting (oven or rotating spit) and high level skillet/sauté work
- Knowledge of all kitchen equipment, including adjusting thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, and steam kettles
- Ability to inventory product, read menus (BEOs, Restaurant Orders) and estimate food requirements to create a production plan
- Maintains standards and specifications related to food preparation and food handling on a daily basis, understands measurements requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of food safety and sanitation guidelines including temperature requirements and HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) while understanding the science in cooking temperatures
- Responsible for checking and maintaining proper temperatures throughout preparation, cooling, holding and serving of food items including adjusting thermostat controls to regulate temperatures
- Observes and tests food being cooked by tasting, smelling and piercing with cooking utensil to determine that food is cooked properly, according to specifications.
- Cleans kitchen equipment
- Ability to handle special dietary request and to work with guest requiring special request due to dietary concerns
- May prepare sauces a la minute using advanced sauce preparation techniques
- Prepares confits and compotes
- Creates seasonings, cures and rubs
- May bone and clean shellfish, cut, trim or grind meats, fish or poultry
- Must demonstrate advanced culinary technical skills required in food preparation and use of kitchen equipment
- Must demonstrate ability to present and discuss menu item preparation with Dinner Cooks, Order/Grill Cooks and Guests
Basic Qualifications :
- Minimum 3 years experience in culinary field/high volume restaurant or culinary degree and 2 years related experience
- Strong communication, proven leadership and interpersonal skills
- Experience with coaching and motivating employees
- Adept at troubleshooting and can calmly handle difficult situations
- Proven ability to create, read and understand recipes
- Understands the purpose of the knife and when to use it
- Strong organizational skills; Ability to lead a team in a very fast paced environment
- Exhibits a positive, friendly and helpful attitude to our guest and fellow cast members
- Motivates and encourages cast members through daily reinforcement and coaching
- Demonstrates excellent guest service skills and is able to give appropriate service recovery
- Demonstrates passion and enthusiasm for working in the kitchen
- Proven knowledge of culinary techniques and terminology
- Food Safety Certification or equivalent
- Ability to work with technology (plate costing buffet system, CAFÉ system, KDS, Workbrain)
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events
- Vocation School training or High School certification
- Culinary Education Degree or equivalent
- Certification from CIA or equivalent
- Basic Wine Knowledge
- Recommendation from school
Additional Information :
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking Apply for this job below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clickingNexton each page, then Submit on the final page.
You may only apply once in a six-month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
Keyword: DLR CASTING, dlrcasting, DLRCulinary, DLR Culinary
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...