Inpatient LPN - Pocono Lake | 30135 | Zoek USA
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Inpatient LPN - Oncology Medical Surgical
Pocono Lake, Pennsylvania
Permanent (Full time)
Job Title:Inpatient LPN - Oncology Medical Surgical
Job Category:LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse, Nursing and Nursing Support
Work Type:Full time
Department:GWV Medical-Surgical Nursing Division
Contributes data to the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient care. Promotes adaptive responses of patient/family to achieve the highest level of patient care, promote safety, and maximize patient satisfaction. Exhibits compassionate care during patient-nurse interactions. Coordinates patient care and interaction of staff. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in their assigned unit.
- Contributes data to assessments as established by scope of practice and unit standards.
- Addresses physical, psychological, social, cultural, and spiritual needs of patient and family throughout the continuum of care.
- Reinforces patient and family education, family needs and discharge planning throughout hospitalization.
- Provides direct patient care including, treatments, medications, and diagnostic studies according to policy and procedure.
- Evaluates effectiveness of nursing interventions and plan of care based upon patient response to interventions.
- Initiates collaboration with physicians, ancillary personnel, and other interdisciplinary team members and takes action to proactively resolve and facilitate patient needs.
- Participates in unit-based decision-making regarding the utilization of evidence based practice.
- Provides input to the manager for performance appraisals of care delivery team members.
- Precepts and mentors new staff and students in a professional, positive manner as assigned.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
Graduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)
Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body; Licensed Practical Nurse - Default Issuing Body
Our Purpose & Values
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...