RN - West Kendall | 30135 | Zoek USA
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
RN- PICU (Full Time, Night shift)
West Kendall, New York
Permanent (Full time)
Responsible for the planning and delivery of care utilizing nursing processes: assessment, implementation and evaluation. Oversees the plan of care, utilizes effective problem solving strategies and applies evidence based practice. Supports and upholds quality standards of a Magnet designated hospital and Patient Bill of Rights. Practices under the supervision of the Nursing Manager/Director and provides compassionate and family centered care for Pediatric Intensive Care Unit patients.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Registered Nurse within the State of Florida - must maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- BLS -American Heart Association BLS - must maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- American Heart Association PALS within one year of hire - must maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- BSN degree or currently enrolled in BSN program
- A minimum of 1 year of experience as an RN in ICU environment preferred
- Nursing experience in a pediatric healthcare ICU setting is strongly preferred
- ICU critical care training academy experience preferred
- Career Development: National certification Certified Pediatric Nurse (CPN) within 2 years of hire or (CCRN) preferably within 3 -5 years of hire
- Possess proficiency in computers and Electronic Health Record (EHR) preferred
- Able to analyze and interpret data and utilize the information to make judgments regarding patient care
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to positively influence, hold self and others accountable
- Experience with procedures training process for specialties: Apheresis and ECMO preferred
- Leadership experience preferred to take on rotating charge nurse duties after one year
- Able to work effectively in collaborative environment
- Ability to apply principles of evidence-based practice, analytical thinking and service excellence in practice
- Able to float to various nursing units while maintaining the delivery of clinical excellence and high quality service
- Knowledge of diverse cultures belief systems and values around health issues
Job Specific Essential Duties:
- Ensures completion of patient admission history and accurately completes the discharge planning process as per department and hospital policies and procedures.
- Plans, implements and documents the plan of care in collaboration with the other disciplines and services to assure safe and efficient care.
- Provides nursing care that includes IV site monitoring, specimen collection and assists medical team with specific procedures.
- Follows physicians orders, administers and reconstitutes medications when needed. Adheres to five rights of medication administration per Medication Administration policy.
- Collaborates and participates in daily rounds with multi-disciplinary team as appropriate and fosters a Family Centered Care Environment.
- Utilizes electronic innovations such as new telephones to provide efficient patient care and attends to patient call lights in a manner that that promotes patient safety per hospital policy.
- Ensures proper and safe sedation administration to patients and monitors recovery as per the Sedation policy and procedure.
- Completes all nursing multi-system assessment that includes head to toe, vitals, dressing changes, suction, feeding, bathing ,med administration, and repositioning
- Ensures appropriate restraint orders, use and documentation as required by Sedation policy and procedure.
- Ensures proper and safe wound care as required by Wound Care policy and procedures.
- Accesses electronic health record (EHR) independently according to hospital policy and completes accurate and timely documentation in the patients electronic health record.
- Communicates and documents critical lab results per hospital policy and procedures.
- Communicates with patients and families to review plan of care and solicits input; communicates any patient and family concerns to physician.
- Promotes an error free zero based medication errors by following the 5 rights of Medication Administration, consistently providing high-quality safe care as prompted.
- Assesses all body systems while ensuring no medication errors, avoidance of falls, prevention of central line infections, ouch-free procedural pain and pain reduction.
- Provides patient information and effectively completes the hand off process during walking rounds at shift change and patient reassignments.
- Actively participates in the nursing governance council and unit based activities.
- Ensures proper personal protective equipment (PPE) indication and use.
Nursing - Clinical
Primary Location :
Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...