Lead Satellite Digital Payload Systems - Whittier | Zoek USA
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Lead Satellite Digital Payload Systems Engineer
Permanent (Full time)
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. Were committed to fostering an environment for every teammate thats welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) team is seeking a Lead Digital Payload Systems Engineer located in El Segundo, CA.The selected candidate will design, develop, and deliver state-of-the-art payload systems for space-based applications for commercial, civil, milsatcomm, and/or national security programs. You will lead a highly-motivated team that works with domestic or international customers on their latest satellite systems.
Project assignments typically span the complete program life cycle, from internal trades, concept studies and system definition, to satellite development, launch, and on-orbit operations and test. Candidates will belong to a systems engineering team interacting with customers, suppliers, program management, integration and test engineers, and senior technologists.
- Define and develop satellite systems and payload architectures
- Lead trade studies
- Define and verify space payload system requirements and interfaces
- Lead system-level CONOPS development, functional analysis and decomposition
- Lead system-level integration and validation
- Perform analyses and simulations for space payload systems
- Develop analysis tools using MATLAB and object-oriented software platforms
- Develop and verify system algorithms that meet functional and performance requirements
- Perform hardware procurement, design reviews, and unit sell-off
- Lead system test preparation, execution, troubleshooting, and verification
- Mentor the program junior communication systems engineers and review their work for quality
This position requires an active/current . Security Clearance with a Tier 5 Investigation (T5), formerly known as a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) that has been successfully completed by the federal government within the last 5 years or in a Continuous Evaluation/Continuous Vetting program for the T5/SSBI. (A . Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active).
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- 3+ years of experience with digital payload design, analysis, development, and verification
- Experience working on satellite or space-based payloads
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 5+ years of experience in RF, digital, and/or optical communications
- Experience Matlab/Simulink and C++
- Experience with digital/RF communications hardware and lab equipment
- Experience with the following: Digital signal processing (DSP), Waveform design, and Antenna theory
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Note: Basic relocation will be offered for eligible internal candidates.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift
Eligible for 3ERP
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...