Principal Engineer - Medford Manor | 30135 | Zoek USA
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Medford Manor, Georgia
Permanent (Full time)
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
We are looking for a Principal Engineer in Gas Materials Standards to support MA and RI.
The primary role is the specification, approval and generation of the standards associated with the gas related materials used in the operation and maintenance of our natural gas distribution and transmission systems. The individual will have full responsibility across MA and RI as part of the larger enterprise wide Gas Materials Standards Team. Additionally, the individual chosen to fulfill this role will also support Gas Work Methods, Material & Equipment Quality Inspection Program (MEQIP), Field Operations, Procurement, Inventory Management Warehouse Management (IMWM) and the broader Gas Pipeline Safety and Compliance (GPSC) Departments in a multidisciplinary environment as needed.
- Responsible to provide clear and concise construction standards, code compliant procedures, safe work methods and cost-effective materials and equipment for enterprise wide application
- Perform new material evaluation and acceptance to provide enterprise wide support in implementation of best practices, consolidation of inventory, reduction in material cost and enhance long term system integrity of gas network
- Effectively disseminate changes to the standards, procedures, work methods, materials and tooling by timely implementation of the change management plan in concert with technical learning and process owners
- Provide effective and timely technical support to the gas operations organizations and process owners in implementation of incident investigation and process audits recommendations.
- Responsible for managing budget and deployment of new materials and tooling by evaluating benefits of prototype material and mock-up demonstration before field deployment
- Provide technical support to Procurement and Inventory Management organization in bid evaluation, inventory value reduction effort, emergency spare / stranded inventory review and standardization of materials across the enterprise
- Provide technical support to the MEQIP Team for engineering review of critical inventory flagged for inspection
- Represent National Grid on regional & national committees formulating policies and standards influencing the natural gas industry
- Position includes travel and work beyond normal working hours including nights/holidays/weekends for emergencies or other special events
- DOT Safety Sensitive / Covered position
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Able to line manage a team of resources throughout a project lifecycle.
- Able to use direct persuasion to influence others.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an accredited University
- Minimum 10 years of Engineering and/or Operations experience in natural gas industry is required
- Familiarity with federal, state, local and industry standards for gas distribution and transmission codes and standards is required
- Familiarity with ASTM, ANSI, ASME, API and various industry standards
- Professional Engineering License and a Masters degree is a plus
- Strong communication & organizational skills
- Strong MS Office skills, AutoCAD a plus
- Valid drivers license
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...