Associate Mechanical - Lakewood | 30135 | Zoek USA
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Associate Mechanical-Hydraulics Equipment Engineer
Lakewood, North Carolina
Permanent (Full time)
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. Were committed to fostering an environment for every teammate thats welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes is seekingAssociate Mechanical-Hydraulics Equipment Engineers to join our team in Everett, Washington.
The selected individuals will work within airplane systems engineering teams and interface with suppliers or internal Boeing organizations to oversee development of mechanical-hydraulic systems and associated components for commercial aircraft systems design. Airplane Systems work spans the full range of the aircraft lifecycle: initial concept studies, development, and certification, continuous improvement in production, and on-going support for the duration of their service life. Positions available include work at the systems level as well as across a range of components, including: hydraulic pumps, reservoirs, accumulators, motor operated valves, landing gear, wheels, tires, & brakes.
This position within Mechanical-Hydraulic Systems pertains to engineering positions working on one or more of the many existing programs (737, 747, 767, 777, and 787) and new product development airplanes.
Candidates must have the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively collaborate with others in a team environment. Ability to apply sound engineering fundamentals and judgment. Trains and mentors others. Works under minimal direction.
- Develop system requirements & defining system architecture
- Developing or reviewing hardware and software designs and associated interface specifications
- Ownership of component level design requirements (Source Control Documents)
- Analyze system performance through modeling and simulation
- Supports the development, maintenance or modification of system, component and installation designs/proposals to provide design documentation to downstream groups.
- Performs and documents analyses to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications.
- Work with a worldwide supplier base to develop and implement system hardware, electronics, and software. Contribute to supplier development, design reviews, test and production activities and directs the supplier to optimize integration and achieve.
- Develop, verify, validate, and certify designs through both laboratory and airplane testing.
- Develop or review fleet Service Bulletins
- Research & development of technologies for potential future applications
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a US Person as defined by 22 .R. § is required. US Person includes US Citizen, lawful permanent.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Engineering degree in any of the following majors: Aeronautical Engineering; Aerospace Engineering; Computer Engineering; Electrical Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Systems Engineering, or Electrical Engineering Technology
- 1+ years of Experience in Hydraulics, Fluid systems, Pressurized reservoirs/tanks, motor operated valves, and filters
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience) - at least one of the following:
- Hydraulic pump experince,either mechanical and electrical engineer
- Hydraulic reservoir experience
- Aircraft in service support experience (engineering support of aircraft already delivered to customers)
- Aircraft Landing gear design experience
- Experience developing hydraulic mechanical components with suppliers
Typical Education/ Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This role is union represented.
This position is for 1st shift
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...