Nurse Manager Main ED - Berea | 30135 | Zoek USA
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Nurse Manager Main ED
Permanent (Full time)
- Manages practice of professional nursing and delivery of nurse care on assigned unit.
- Establishes clinical direction for nursing care delivery, provides clinical supervision and maintains quality outcomes.
- Collaborates with liaison departments in maintaining patient care standards., identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of patient care services in a unit.
- Develops quality initiatives and implements policies and procedures to insure efficient and effective delivery of health services in a unit.
- Develops and maintains unit related patient care standards through continuous quality improvement.
- Maintains JCAHO and other regulatory standards.
- Manages operation of unit.
- Analyzes personnel structure, determines staffing needs and mix.
- Provides direction and supervision, evaluates performance, conducts selection and termination process, develops strategic plans.
- Actively promotes staff and self development.
- Participates in clinical nursing research and supports foundation research activities.
- Directs unit participation in evaluation of new products.
- Approves purchases and establishes or revises inventory quotes.
- Assists in the development and monitoring of budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required.
- Master's Degree in Nursing preferred. If in NICU area Masters Degree is required.
- High degree of clinical expertise in specialty area managed.
- Demonstrated leadership, management, communication, counseling, problems solving, decision making, conflict resolution and group process skills.
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA)
- If in a Critical Care area an Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA)) Certification must be presented upon hire or within first year of employment.
- Within one year of hire RNs in Children's Hospital and Children's Hospital for Rehabilitation will achieve and maintain Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart Association (AHA) with the exception of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit RNs who must achieve and maintain Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) through American Heart Association (AHA)provider status and RNs in the Special Delivery Unit, who must achieve and maintain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA)
- ONS Chemo/Bio course complete within 2 years of employment if employed on units inpatient and/or outpatient where chemo is administered.
- If in an Adult/Combined EDs, ACLS upon hire or within one year of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- In Dedicated Trauma Centers, Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC - adult) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC - pediatric) upon hire or within 24 months of beginning work in the Emergency Department.
- Vascular Access Registered Nurse (VARN) program attendance required and obtains either a Certified Registered Nurse Infusion (CRNI) or Vascular Access Board Certified (VA-BC) certification upon hire or within a year of hire in Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter (PICC) areas.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Three years of recent nursing clinical experience to include at least one year of healthcare management experience required.
- Requires full range of motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye and hand coordination.
- Requires frequent data entry, sitting, standing and walking.
- Requires corrective vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...