Director of Cloud - Greenwood Village | Zoek USA | 002750
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Director of Cloud Orchestration and Automation
Greenwood Village, Colorado
Permanent (Full time)
Senior leader responsible for development, deployment, and management of automation and orchestration services in support of private cloud IaaS, infrastructure technologies, and emerging public cloud needs. Responsible for defining and driving enterprise automation strategy and long-term roadmaps. Responsible for leading a diverse team including direct reporting staff and selected external partners. Experience managing related budgets and developing business cases to support defined strategic automation objectives. Experience with Agile development methodology and ability to lead a team on Agile methodology adoption and maturation. Experience leading development teams with emphasis on VMware IaaS private cloud automation, VMware vRealize automation, Ansible automation, and ServiceNow integration s.
This managing level employee is responsible for directing long-term strategy for IT infrastructure planning, while overseeing technical teams that support infrastructure systems across multiple domains. This employee is also responsible for directing teams through all system development lifecycle phases and provides insight and recommendations to inform the ongoing strategy.
- Directs the operation of multiple units and/or departments by identifying customer and operational needs; analyzing resources, costs, and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; gaining cross-functional support for business plans and priorities; translating business strategy into actionable business requirements; obtaining and distributing resources; setting standards and measuring progress; removing obstacles that impact performance; guiding performance and developing contingency plans accordingly; and ensuring products and/or services meet customer requirements and expectations while aligning with organizational strategies.
- Demonstrates continuous learning and maintains a highly skilled and engaged workforce by aligning resource plans with business objectives; overseeing the recruitment, selection, and development of talent; motivating teams; preparing individuals for growth opportunities and advancement; staying current with industry trends, benchmarks, and best practices; providing guidance when difficult decisions need to be made; and ensuring performance management guidelines and expectations drive business objectives and results.
- As part of the IT Engineering job family, this position is responsible for leveraging DEVOPS, and both Waterfall and Agile practices, to design, develop, and deliver resilient, secure, multi-channel, high-volume, high-transaction, on/off-premise, cloud-based solutions.
- Oversees team deliverables.
- Sets service strategy based on long-term strategic plan for the organization.
- Interfaces with business leaders on assigned business and technology-related issues to understand short- and long-term business needs.
- Oversees existing systems to ensure appropriate resources are in place to maintain service levels and meet new demands.
- Directs and oversees technical teams in the translation of business requirements and functional specifications into technical specifications that support integrated and sustainable designs for systems across multiple technical domains or platforms, by building and maintaining partnerships with cross-functional leadership to understand business needs and functional specifications.
- Directs the long-term strategy for IT infrastructure planning, engineering, and architecture across multiple enterprise systems by leading the assessment of the implications of IT business strategies on infrastructure capabilities.
- Works with the different funding bodies to prioritize different initiatives to secure funding.
- Leads partnerships with counterparts in various IT Teams (., database, operations, technical support) throughout system development and implementation.
- Oversees the resolution of complex or high impact system issues.
- Anticipates IT industry directions, reviews benchmarking results, and makes recommendations to support current and future infrastructure needs and projects to senior IT leadership.
- Leverages partnerships with various IT Teams (., database, operations, technical support) throughout system development and implementation to ensure architecture designs meet long-term objectives.
- Oversees project support plans, schedules, and assignments, and asks for additional staff or budget, as necessary.
- Presents recommendations to senior leadership regarding systems designs.
- Oversees team and develops vision for technical direction for the development and modification of solutions across multiple business functions by developing the vision for business needs and initiatives.
- Oversees the implementation and maintenance of assigned enterprise infrastructure systems to ensure successful deployment and operation by researching, formulating, and monitoring processes and procedures for the introduction and maintenance of services.
- Minimum four (4) years supervisory experience.
- Minimum two (2) years managing operating budgets and/or project financials.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, CIS, Engineering, or related field and Minimum eight (8) years IT experience, including at least Minimum three (3) years in infrastructure engineering, technical process management, IT consulting, or related field. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Three (3) years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with executive leadership (., Vice President level and above)
- Two (2) years experience overseeing vendor relationships.
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, CIS, or related field.
TITLE: Director of Cloud Orchestration and Automation
LOCATION: Greenwood Village, Colorado
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.