Chemical Operations Specialist (74D) - Bentonville | Zoek USA | 001bdb
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Chemical Operations Specialist (74D)
Permanent (Full time)
Join the frontlines to protect against some of the world's most powerful threats. As a Chemical Operations Specialist for the Army National Guard, you will support the country during natural disaster relief efforts and safeguard the nation from chemical and biological warfare.
To perform these functions, you will be trained to expertly handle nuclear, biological, and chemical (NBC) detection and decontamination equipment so you can assist in the application of NBC defense measures. You will also be asked to maintain disaster plans, operate and perform maintenance on smoke generating equipment, and coordinate with civilian personnel on what to do in an emergency.
* Provide training advice and supervision regarding CBRN equipment and operations
Some of the Skills You'll Learn
* Operation of CBRN decontamination, defense, detection, and monitoring equipment
* Wear and use of protective equipment
* Hazardous Material Certification (at the awareness level)
* Exposure to toxic agents while wearing CBRN protective equipment
* Ability to communicate effectively
* Interest in algebra, chemistry, physics, geometry, and trigonometry
* Ability to plan and organize
* Ability to work calmly under tremendous stress
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career in chemistry, chemical engineering, and chemical disposal.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
After 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you will learn fundamental Soldiering skills, you will attend 11 weeks of Advanced Individual Training (AIT), which will include a combination of hands-on and classroom training where you will learn defensive procedures for NBC warfare and preparation of emergency plans.