Data ETL Tester - Brentwood Heights | Zoek USA | 001b10
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Data ETL Tester
Brentwood Heights, California
Permanent (Full time)
There is a new Data Platforms team within Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) that is focused on building a culture around drive, passion and innovation for using data to advance the Walt Disney Company business and its products for consumers. The team works with data from many of the companys business segments and streaming services including Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+.
At DMED, data is imperative to measuring all aspects of the business and critical to its operations and growth. The data engineering team is responsible for collecting, analyzing and distributing data using public cloud and open-source technologies and offering transparency into customer behavior and business performance.
Our data team is seeking a passionate Software Developer in Test who will be an outstanding addition to our Quality Team. As a Software Developer focused on test automation, you will help validate our next-generation data analytics platform utilizing the most advanced data technologies. You should be willing to go to the depths to tackle complex problems and have the curiosity to explore and learn new technologies for innovation solutions.
Are you someone who enjoys answering difficult data questions, passionate about near real time data processing and enjoys the play hard/work hard environment? If so, then this is a great role for you!
- Own the quality of every release into production with a data-driven approach
- Work with the data quality team to manage data quality of all the data assets
- Partner with various product and engineering teams to define requirements and ensure testability
- Build automated and reusable tests for data components to improve quality and development velocity
- Diagnose issues, report defects and propose regression tests to catch recurring bugs
- Mentor fellow Test Engineers on the team to ream up on automation concepts and contribute towards expanding test coverage
- 3+ years experience in Data Quality as SDET or SDE validating ETL pipelines and Data Warehouses
- Good experience in data analytics, data engineering, data modeling, data warehousing, and big data platform
- Strong programming and scripting skills (Python)
- Experience with, but not limited to, JUnit/TestNG, BDD frameworks such as Cucumber or similar tools
- Experience in a range of common big data tools & technologies such as Airflow, Hive, Nifi, Kinesis, Snowflake, Kafka, Spark, etc.
- Expert SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases as well as a work familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience in working with large datasets (Terabytes or more)
- Ability to operate effectively in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related degree