Staff Engineer - North Bay Terraces | Zoek USA | 001abe
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Staff Engineer - Avionics Systems
North Bay Terraces, California
Permanent (Full time)
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Aircraft System Development (Avionics) Engineer in our Project Engineering group supporting our largest customer, USAF. This is a dynamic opportunity to develop cutting edge technology for one of our flagship platforms, MQ-9.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With minimal supervision, manage the development, modernization, and sustainment of core aircraft systems (concentration in Avionics and Communication systems).
- Technical interface between program and executive management to a cross-functional technical team.
- Develop system architectures and define system requirements.
- Represent the company as a system subject matter expert with customers and product suppliers.
- Develop practical solutions to resolve unusual or complex engineering problems.
- Provide support for proposals/white papers for new system concepts.
- Provide technical direction to a cross-functional technical team that may include experienced aerospace, electrical, mechanical, software, and production engineers.
- Develop technical requirements and Interface Control Documents.
- Develop and maintain engineering schedules/budgets for programs tasks or subtasks.
- Support lab, ground, and flight test efforts; resolving resource or technical issues as they arise.
- Support qualification testing of avionics components.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; twelve or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, ten or more years of experience with a masters degree, or seven or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Demonstrates an extensive technical expertise and application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice with the ability to organize, plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones with some experience in project leadership.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required enabling an effective interface with other departments and/or professionals, and capable of representing the organization as a prime technical contact, as well as providing leadership and guidance to less experienced professionals.
- Customer focused, formulates plans based on the development of innovative new designs in resolving advanced technical engineering problems.
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment. Able to work extended hours as required.
- A Professional Engineering License, original work(s) published in professional engineering journals, and invited to present one or more original works to an engineering symposium are desirable.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance.
- Citizenship required.
- Experience with development and test of avionics and communication systems on military platforms.
- Familiar with industry open avionics and mission system architecture standards (. FACE, OMS, SOSA, etc.).
- Familiar with electrical test equipment such as digital multi-meters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, and ammeters.
- Ability to review electrical schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Familiar with basic electrical power generation concepts (AC and DC generators & battery systems).
- Working knowledge of environmental & EMI/EMC qualification (DO-160, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461/462).
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- Able to travel with short notice