Technical Product Owner - Manville | Zoek USA | 001929
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Technical Product Owner
Permanent (Full time)
More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles
- Leads one or more product teams (20 software engineers, technology professionals, and UX designers) to deliver valuable, quality, and timely product features and capabilities in alignment with enterprise priorities, and with business and technology operational excellence.
- Owns the technology product vision. Accountable for defining and prioritizing healthy product backlogs for all their products while aiming for timely delivery, representing the customer and partners to our teams.
- Works closely with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), operations and staff team members with strong business domain knowledge to understand the needs and opportunities for the product. Handles interactions with key business partners and users for products within their journey. Attends product team ceremonies for more than one product team.
- Defines and translates the product vision into feature(s) and tactics for our technology products. Supports communicating the product strategy effectively to key stakeholders and team members.
- Leads and influences our customers and product teams daily by explaining the value of our product and its features. Assists with gaining dedication to implementation.
- Breaks down our commitments to measurable and achievable work. Works day to day with the product teams clarifying customer requirements, removing roadblocks, constantly communicating, and gaining alignment around feature or product strategy.
- Leads product delivery of defined scope, partners with operations users, SMEs, and business teams to ensure user stories are clear, removes barriers for team members, and resolves open issues/questions quickly and efficiently. Acts as the voice of the customer.
- Develops, reviews, and approves all product user stories and leads the product demo for the product user panel.
- Participates in team retrospectives to validate quality and provide feedback to the team to improve team processes.
- Leads and coordinates delivery, training, and support plans.
- Ensures that internal and external customers receive timely, efficient service for all products in the journey.
4 Year College Degree/Bachelors
Experience in one or more of the following preferred:
Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
Business Process Modelling (BPM / BPMN)
Business Process Automation
Low code or no code products
5-10 years experience in business, underwriting, product management, software development, technology and/or consulting. Knowledge of Commercial property insurance is highly preferred! A servant leader with outstanding planning, analytical, decision-making, organization, communication, and teamwork skills. Strong commercial insurance knowledge with the ability to influence others and build consensus. Able to make difficult and quick decisions daily with incomplete information for all products across the journey.
Strong communication and collaboration skills, solid analytical and problem-solving skills along with capability to drive projects towards completion, and is able to work with all levels of team members and leadership.
Innovative and creative leader with experimental mentality and demonstrated willingness to learn and experiment.
A technologist capable of leading a mission critical technology product to deliver business value.
Intermediate skills in Excel and PowerPoint
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits including career long learning opportunities, tuition reimbursement, 401 (k), pension, flexible schedules, rich health and well-being programs, generous time off allowances, volunteer days and so much more!
FM Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce.
Please note that all FM Global visitors, including external candidates interviewing for open positions will be required to be vaccinated and should be prepared to provide proof of vaccination.