Medical Receptionist - El Segundo | Zoek USA | 00182a
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
El Segundo, California
Responsible for providing patient-oriented service in a clinical or front office setting; performs a variety of clerical and administrative duties related to the delivery of patient care, including greeting and checking in patients, answering phones, collecting patient co-pays and insurance payments, processing paperwork, and performing other front office duties as required in a fast-paced, customer-oriented clinical environment.
- Must be available Monday through Friday 8am – 5pm.
- Location: Varies
- Non - Exempt
- Greets patients and directs them to appropriate departments
- Answers multiple phone lines; directs calls and takes messages as needed
- Verifies patient information and insurance eligibility; collects payments
- Directs patients to complete forms and processes patient-related paperwork
- Informs provider’s assistant of no shows and cancellations
- Makes follow-up appointments for patients and calls patients to confirm appointments
- Contacts “bumped” patients and reschedules appointments as appropriate
- Performs various front-office duties in a fast-paced, customer-oriented clinical environment, as assigned
- You have a High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
Minimum: Up to and including one year of experience
Minimum: Experience working with the public
Preferred: Over 1 year of experience and up to and including 3 years of experience
Experience in medical reception and customer service
COVID-19 Work Location Requirement:You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role.
Employees are required to screen for symptoms using a UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.