Product Owner - Thornton | Zoek USA | 0015e6
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Product Owner, IoT Interoperability Service
Unspecified (Full time)
Creating Peace of Mind by Pioneering Safety and Security
At Allegion, we help keep the people you know and love safe and secure where they live, work and visit. With more than 30 brands, 11,000+ employees globally and products sold in 130 countries, we specialize in security around the doorway and beyond.
Product Owner, IoT Interoperability Service
This position is currently remote, preferred locations are Boulder, CO and Austin, TX with other remote locations considered as well.
Allegion is looking for a talented Product Owner for our Yonomi Platform. Broadly speaking, the Product Owner is responsible for guiding feature definition and working closely with Engineering to make sure that products being built accomplish their objectives, fulfill the product strategy, and meet a high bar for quality. The Product Owner also works hand-in-hand with Product Managers to shape the roadmap. For this role, we are seeking someone with a good understanding of how Product functions in an Agile environment, experience working with engineering teams, and a desire to grow in Product. Plus, because Yonomi’s products are technical in nature, the right candidate will have an aptitude for technology.
What You Will Do:
- Contribute to the roadmap, working alongside the Product Manager for the Yonomi Platform
- Integrate emergent priorities (. bugs, urgent feature requests) with ongoing work
- Guide the design of new features, working closely with architecture and technical leads
- Communicate the purpose, vision, and details of products and features to the engineering team
- Write user stories that break down functionality into developable pieces with all the details needed for Engineering to execute
- Lead backlog grooming so that all developers understand the “what” and “why” of upcoming work
- Lead sprint planning and create sprint goals
- Participate in team sprint demos and retros, sharing the ongoing work of Product
- Communicate development milestones, status, and risk with stakeholders in all departments
- Perform acceptance testing and approve features as complete
What You Need to Succeed:
- 2+ years of experience as Product Owner in an Agile environment or 1+ year of experience as a PO plus additional years of experience in a different role on an Agile team
- Past ownership of technical products (., APIs as the sole interface) with Engineers as key personas
- Experience managing a SaaS product
- Experience with GraphQL is a plus
- Experience in IoT is a another plus
- Experience with Scaled Agile is yet another plus
Allegion is a Great Place to Grow your Career if:
- You're seeking a rewarding opportunity that allows you to truly help others. With thousands of employees and customers around the world, there’s plenty of room to make an impact. As our values state, “this is your business, run with it” .
- You value personal well-being and balance, because we do too!
- You’re looking for a company that will invest in your professional development. As we grow, we want you to grow with us.
- You want a culture that promotes work-life balance. Our employees enjoy generous paid time off, because at Allegion we recognize that you have a full life outside of work!
What You’ll Get from Us:
- Health, dental and vision insurance coverage, helping you “be safe, be healthy” (###### serve)
- A commitment to your future with a 401K plan, offering a 6% company match and no vesting period
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts through Perks at Work
- Community involvement and opportunities to give back so you can “serve others, not yourself” (###### serve)
- Opportunities to leverage your unique strengths through CliftonStrengths testing and coaching
This range is provided by Allegion. Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience
- Base Salary Range: $76,000 - $141,000
As a company that’s constantly seeking and discovering new frontiers, we’re looking for pioneers. Join us!
Remote Location Texas
We Celebrate Who We Are!
Allegion is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. Together, we embrace all differences and similarities among colleagues, as well as the differences and similarities within the relationships that we foster with customers, suppliers and the communities where we live and work. Whatever your background, experience, race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, we will make sure that you have every opportunity to impress us in your application and the opportunity to give your best at work, not because we’re required to, but because it’s the right thing to do. We are also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through our career site and require an accommodation or assistance, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team. (mailto:mailto%######)
© Allegion plc, 2020 | Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, Ireland
REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER 527370
Allegion is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer