SEA - Ho-Ho-Kus | Zoek USA | 001408
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
SEA - Expert Consultant - Upstream Energy
Who We Are
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures—and business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive.
Practice Area Profile
BCG's Energy practice helps companies navigate an increasingly complex business climate. The practice covers the Oil & Gas and Power & Utilities sectors. We also have deep knowledge in Energy transition and Sustainability, Energy Trading and Risk Management and Energy Engineering and Services. Our projects typically apply BCG's core consulting skills in functional areas such as, digitalization, strategy, organization or performance improvement, but in the distinctive environment of Energy. We also address projects that touch upon more operational or technical challenges, which we deliver through our expert consultants, occasionally partnering with external specialists. We work with the senior leaders of leading international and national oil companies, service providers, utilities, regulators and financial institutions. The Energy Practice has enjoyed rapid and sustained annual growth over several years, representing about 10% of BCG's global business volume. Worldwide over 300 Partners, Principals and Project Leaders focus in the Energy space, supported by a large group of Energy experienced and trained Consultants and Analysts, many with pre-BCG industry experience. We are well known for our long history of cutting-edge research and thought leadership. Consulting with BCG ensures you work on the biggest issues being tackled by senior management, with a wide variety of experiences across different clients, topics and geographies.
What You'll Do
As an Expert Consultant / Project Leader - level depends on the candidate’s previous experience and interview performance - you will play a leading role in the growth of our Oil & Gas topic through intellectual property & product creation, client development and case execution.
Intellectual property & product creation:
- Provide intellectual leadership for the project teams by generating key ideas and conceptual frameworks to guide research and analysis
- Build intellectual property & products driving fundamental transformation in Upstream, such as offshore operations efficiency, relationship with suppliers, fiscal negotiations, and agile ways of working in an EP asset among others.
- Help grow a business, work with the current Upstream Transformation leadership team to expand footprint, identify products to create and client opportunities, develop and grow team
- Work jointly with BCG and client project teams, bringing expertise to the team and to the client on site
- Actively support our business development efforts: client meetings, commercial discussions, preparation of proposals, industry conferences
Expert case execution:
- Execute or provide expertise and support to operational excellence projects in Upstream for our key clients in Southeast Asia
- Provide mentorship and support to consultants ensuring continuous individual development
What You'll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
- On a Consultant level least 5-7 years of work experience gained either at a leading Oil & Gas operator or Oil Field Service company
- With a proven field experience on at least 2 sites (on-shore or off shore)
- With a succession of roles showing clear progression in responsibilities
- On a Project Leader level 2-5 additional years of leading consulting projects for a top level advisory or consulting firms are a must
- A track record of project/team leadership and related achievements
- Willingness to travel internationally and to work remotely on client sites
- Engineering or similar background from a top-tier institution
- Analytical and structured with excellent problem solving skills (hypothesis driven approach etc.)
- Solid business acumen and commercial capabilities
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills
- Excellent written and spoken English (French is a plus)
- Frequent travelling required Personal Attributes
- Flexible, curious and creative, open for new things and able to propose innovative ideas
- Collaborative team player and positive attitude
- Intercultural exposure and experience of working in more than one country and/or multi-cultural teams
- Driven, hard-working, entrepreneurial, proactive and productive