Technical Security Specialist - East Kansas City | Zoek USA | 000f70
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Technical Security Specialist II - Security Systems
East Kansas City, MO
Permanent (Full time)
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our team of problem solvers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoy access to career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell's Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy's Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit .gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
*This position is located at the Kansas City National Security Campus in Kansas City, MO *
Researches, designs, proposes and implements innovative Technical Security Systems (leading edge technologies for intrusion detection, access control, video surveillance, imaging sensors and other electronic security related equipment) for highly secure facilities meeting the program requirements for Security Systems of the Department of Energy (DOE). The position requires the ability to interface, influence and provide technical guidance to other organizations including Facilities, Maintenance, Engineering, Protective Force, Program Management and Integrated Supply Chain. Utilizes project management skills to lead small projects, develop project plans and milestones, execute project tasks and ensure on time completion of projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs engineering design and analyses, and furnishes technical assistance in the installation, operation, and maintenance of Technical Security Systems equipment such as intrusion alarms, security closed circuit television (CCTV), computerized access control systems, and imaging, sensors, and other security related equipment
- Act as the primary point of technical assistance in the installation, operation and maintenance for all aspects of the Technical Security Systems, including evaluation and recommendations for leading edged Technical Security Systems
- Interface with various personnel, including technical security systems sub-contractor personnel, to ensure security systems are maintained in compliance with DOE physical and cyber security requirements
- Develops cyber security plans, internal procedures, job aids, captures metric data, trending data and develops monthly/quarterly metrics for security management and preventative maintenance procedures for Technical Security Systems
You Must Have:
- US citizenship needed to obtain and maintain required US Dept of Energy "Q" level security clearance
- Two (2) or more years of experience in Technical Security or comparable technical activities, including application of engineering principles and technology to complex technical assignments
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 30 semester hours of electronic related courses or two (2) additional years of equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- Basic understanding of project management and ability to lead small projects
- Experience with alarm system, access control and CCTV system design and management
- Basic understanding of information systems including server and network administration
- Basic proficiency with electronic test and measurement equipment
- Basic understanding of desktop computers, peripheral equipment, server administration and networking administration skills
- Basic understanding of, and experience-based familiarity with, information security practices required to establish and maintain system integrity for safeguarding classified information in a secure environment
- Basic understanding of the range of DOE Orders and Manuals that define security program requirements
- Ability to develop cyber security plans, internal procedures, job aids, captures metric data, trending data and develops monthly/quarterly metrics for security management and preventative maintenance procedures for Technical Security Systems
- Ability to support the design and construction of security projects to meet requirements through review of architectural, electrical, and security systems construction drawings
- Self-motivated individual with ability to work with minimal providing independent action and decision-making skills
- Experience with CAD software preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications - including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access
- Ability to identify appropriate level of team interactions necessary to resolve an issue and actively participate in collaboration and/or meetings
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects with competing deadlines and priorities
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal including ability to document information and data clearly and concisely to either technical or non-technical audiences
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.