Appliance Repair Specialist - Austin | Zoek USA | 000e4d
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Appliance Repair Specialist
Permanent (Full time)
WHO WE ARE
ABC Home & Commercial is a family owned and operated business, providing a fun, stable, and challenging environment to grow, learn, and serve in our community. We're pleased to have a diverse group of employees and believe strongly in a work/life balance while building long-term, trusting relationships with our customers and employees. At ABC you'll quickly learn what it's like to become part of a team that believes in fulfilling commitments, serving others, supporting families, and building our community.
To learn more about ABC and to view a full list of our services, visit
HOW YOU CAN HELP US
As ABC's Appliance Repair Specialist (for both residential and commercial accounts), you will perform high-quality part repairs and replacements for various appliances with professionalism and excellent customer service.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Carry out general appliance repair skills such as troubleshooting various appliances- including circuit boards, switches, heating elements, pumps, compressors, motors, etc.
- Work with inspectors, suppliers, and co-workers to ensure correct project work while abiding by all codes.
- Accurately diagnose the cause of appliance repair issues, recommend options for repair, price repairs under company policy, complete repairs after authorization are received, collect and timely deliver payment from customer to office, complete and submit all required paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
- Communicate effectively with supervisors, dispatchers, CSRs, and customers to ensure complete alignment at all times during the service repair or replacement process.
- Work with and train any helpers who may be assigned to work with you.
- Attend required department meetings and company or vendor training as required, and maintain necessary licenses or certifications and complete required continuing education.
- Exhibit professional conduct at all times, whether at the job site or driving company vehicles.
- Be available to serve periodic on-call rotation assignments (per schedule approved by the service manager) necessary to ensure 24/7/365 coverage.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- High school diploma or GED required
- At least 18 years old
- 2+ years of experience in the appliance repair field
- Must know and understand all applicable federal, state, and local codes and practically apply them to each job.
- Ability to drive a vehicle with standard or automatic gear.
- Demonstrate the required level of mental aptitude and physical ability to do this job.
- Completed specialized courses in residential and commercial appliance practices and having a solid working knowledge of codes and safety measures.
- Excellent communication & customer service skills.
- High proficiency with emailing, instant messaging, and the use of various electronic devices and applications for effective communication/information sharing.
- Ability to prioritize workload, work under pressure and handle irate customers and still maintain good composure.
- Dependable and self-motivated with a desire to work year-round.
- Must maintain an active Driver's License and be insurable
- Ability to work inside and/or outside for long periods of time, sometimes in extreme temperatures
WHAT WE OFFER
- Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company matching
- Paid vacation and sick leave (PTO)
- Profit sharing bonuses
- Lead Now Program for all employees to increase earnings and pay
- Company clubs & committees, and company outings
- Paid trainings and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Educational scholarships for employees and family members
- Wellness program, including gym membership
- Company vehicle with gas card (for service specialists)
- Ability to work from home a percentage of the time (office staff only)
ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify Program.