Multiskill Op I - Pfafftown | Zoek USA | 000af3
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Multiskill Op I - ASC
Permanent (Full time)
Job Number: 38688
Reynolds American Incorporated is positively transforming the tobacco industry. Were a family of companies that strives for success in everything we do. The future inspires us because our people are igniting the breakthroughs that are redefining the ways adult tobacco consumers enjoy tobacco in the 21st century.
When other companies talk about growth, they only talk about size. At Reynolds American, we focus on the growth of our people. We take pride in each others growth and well-being throughout our careers. We invest in your career and total well-being because we know our companies succeed when our people thrive.
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
Reynolds American Inc. is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of British American Tobacco .c., and the . parent company of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; American Snuff Company, LLC; Modoral Brands, Inc.; R. J. Reynolds Vapor Company; Lorillard Licensing Company, LLC; Reynolds Brands, Inc.; and Vuse Stores LLC. This position is with custContractualLE **.**
Here, youll have the opportunity to work on iconic brands and revolutionary products by collaborating with visionary, principled and passionate people every day.
GRADE: USA PA-40/G31
JOB TITLE:Multi-Skill Operative I
EXTERNAL JOB TITLE:Operator
SUB FUNCTION:ASC Manufacturing
CITY & COUNTRY:Winston Salem, NC
What are the key objectives and expectations from this role?
Multi-Skill Operatives operate tobacco processing and packaging equipment, supply packaging material, and fill
tobacco, lid and can hoppers to ensure the efficient production of high quality tobacco finished goods. Multi-
Skilled Operatives are responsible for duties in assigned departments and cross-train for coverage in additional
departments as necessary based on operational needs.
What is the direct impact of this role on the team or organization?
Operate machines that deliver adult products to our consumers.
|Number of Direct Reports
||Internal Supervisor, SAM, Director, Peers
(please provide a list of typical accountabilities to be performed. Please avoid unfamiliar acronyms, project names or BAT jargon and ensure terminology is external market friendly. Please prioritise t**he most critical accountabilities and reflect them within the first 8 points**)
- Set-up, operate and monitor product fill equipment, mixers, milling and blending equipment per detailed work instructions.
- Supply proper packaging materials to department per schedule guidelines and brand requirements.
- Operate MES/Ignition electronic systems using appropriate control devices.
- Ensure the correct batches are issued and dispensed into the packaging department, if applicable, utilizing the electronic tracking system (MES).
- Inspect tobacco product fill equipment to ensure proper operation and quality are maintained within established good manufacturing and quality guidelines.
- Communicate with other employees and supervision to ensure proper tobacco and materials are being used and equipment is operating appropriately.
- Notify Supervision and Quality Control when tobacco, products or materials are not within specifications.
- Navigate and monitor MES, HMI and touch screens and complete accurate entries.
- Operate industrial lift trucks and scissor lifts to load, unload trucks and supply materials per safety guidelines.
- Fill and maintain proper level of material in tobacco, can and lid hoppers to ensure adequate supply to maintain production.
- Most be able to work any shift.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE
ESSENTIAL (please provide only criteria considered to be must haves)
(Please put the most critical information inthe first 2 points
- Previous experience in a manufacturing machine operations role preferred.
- Most be able to work any shift.
Technical / Functional / Leadership Skills Required
(Please put the most critical information and reflect it inthe first 4 points)
- Required to pass lift truck and scissor lift certification requirements, where applicable in role.
- Ability and willingness to learn and retain knowledge regarding various duties and various department guidelines.
- Mechanical and mathematical aptitude.
- Basic computer skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail, proactive mindset, and effective follow-through.
Education / Qualifications / Certifications Required
(Please put the most critical information and reflect it inthe first 2 points)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Work Keys: Applied Math Level 3, Workplace Documents Level 3, Graphic Literacy Level 3, Workplace Observation Level 2
BENEFICIAL (please provide a maximum of 3 criteria that would be deemed useful to have but not essential)
- Tobacco processing and packaging equipment experience.
- MES, Ignition and touch screen navigation experience.
- Competitive annual salary
- Targeted Annual Bonus
- Relocation assistance available for those who qualify
We offer very competitive compensation and benefit plans, including:
- Generous annual bonus program for all employees
- Company Vehicle Provided
- Cell Phone Allowance
- Daily-valued 401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
- Comprehensive health and welfare benefits package
- Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
- Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave; Also Parental leave/Reduced Work Schedule
- Education initiative plans
- Extensive training and opportunities for professional and career development
Reynolds American Inc. and its affiliated companies is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We require all new hires to be 21 or older.
Our organization offers a level of challenge, responsibility and creativity for motivated employees that stands apart from the crowd.
We are also committed to employing a diverse workforce and valuing different perspectives, experiences and talents to maximize the company's potential for successfully achieving its business objectives.
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly via email at reynoldsamerican######.
California Privacy Notice