Part - Henderson | Zoek USA | 0008da
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Part-time Instructor for English
Permanent (Full time)
Posting Number F00280 Executive Level Academic Affairs Department English Employment Type Part Time Position Title Part-time Instructor for English Location Main Campus, Henderson, NC Employment Contract Period Part-time FLSA Exempt Position Purpose
Masters Degree in English from a regionally accredited college or university, or masters degree in a related field with 18 hours of graduate English credit.
• Collaborate with Program Head and/or Department Chair regarding course assignment per semester.
• Create and maintain course documents such as syllabi, student learning outcomes, tests, etc. The course syllabi must be submitted for review to the Program Head and/or Department Chair each semester.
• Conduct class, lab, and/or clinical according to established meeting patterns, and notify Program Head and/or Department Chair of any changes.
• Update Moodle course page to use in enhanced, hybrid and online courses prior to start of semester.
Communicate with students via Moodle as appropriate per course design (enhanced, hybrid or online).
• Provide feedback to students regarding course progression.
• Record attendance and grades via WebAdvisor in accordance with semester deadlines.
• Inform Program Head and/or Department Chair of any student issues (academic, attendance, behavior, cheating, and plagiarism) as soon as possible.
• Assess student learning outcomes and demonstrate the use of the results to make improvements to course/program.
• Maintain suitable class records which show student membership hours, academic progress, student grading systems, etc.
• Experiment with new, innovative teaching techniques.
• Obtain and maintain certification in online delivery systems and attend adjunct convocation and other professional development opportunities as required by the college.
• Demonstrate proficiency in technology required by academic program area and in administrative processes as required by the college.
Salary Range $ - $ hourly based on level of education Desired Start Date 09/17/2019 Position End Date (if temporary) 12/17/2019 Open Date 09/05/2019 Close Date 09/13/2019 Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Early application strongly encouraged, position may be filled prior to close date.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Vance-Granville Community College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
Public Job Posting
Internal Job Posting
Please prepare a short statement on your attributes, characteristics and/or commitments you bring to educating, inspiring and supporting a diverse community of learners to achieve professional and personal success.
(Open Ended Question)
Cover Letter/Letter of Application