Field Application Scientist - Newark | Zoek USA | 0008b1
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Field Application Scientist - Cell and Gene Therapy
Permanent (Full time)
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Field Application Scientist will provide scientific expertise, applications support and training to customers on Thermo Fisher Scientific's Invitrogen instruments through a variety of interfaces. This may include in-person, phone and/or email communications. They will partners with sales reps in the field to deliver product line specific pre- and post-sales related customer support activities and solve customer escalations effectively. Also acts as a trusted expert to our customers, thereby increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty and contributing to the overall success of the business. The geography of responsibility is the NorthEast/MidAtlantic and Central of the USA. Ideal candidate will live in New York City, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Baltimore, DC or nearby areas.
Training - Internal & External
- Provide field support to our sales organization by providing customers with technical guidance (pre & post sales activities)
- Provide internal training across commercial teams and business units as needed
- Manage Key Opinion Leader (KOL) relationships through routine scientific communication and updates on new product launches
- Interface with the global technical training teams and share best practices across organization
Voice of Customer (VOC) & Customer Relations Management
- Act as liaison between customers, R&D, and Product Management teams
- Cell Therapy Experience - purifying cells for use in Cell Therapy
- Attend national conferences and events to capture developing trends
- Present on behalf of Thermo Fisher Scientific at key global conferences
- Provide market sensing mechanism, identifying new opportunities and highlighting gaps in current portfolio
- Interface with R&D and PM teams
- Support internal business and product development efforts through feedback on innovation pipeline
- Stays current on scientific and industry trends and innovations
- BA or BS in Biology, Cell Therapy, Immunology, Cell Biology, Microbiology, Stem Cell Biology, Bio-Technology or related scientific field
- 3 or more years of experience working in Cell Therapy - knowledge/experience purifying cells for use in Cell Therapy (Immune or Stem Cells)
- Requires a minimum of 3 years' experience working in immunotherapy or other cell therapy field
- Candidate will be proficient with CAR-T workflow and viral infection
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Works from a remote home office
- Travel up to 50% or more
- Valid Driver's license is required.
- Most duties are performed at field locations which may require walking within customer facilities, standing while giving presentations or conducting meetings and sitting to complete reports and sales calls.
- Demonstrations may require moving equipment and manual dexterity and ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- PhD is strongly preferred
- 5 or more years working with purifying cells for Cell Therapy
- Experience working with closed system cell manufacturing platform highly desired.
- Possess strong understanding of customer challenges associated with transition to clinical workflow (scale up, regulatory requirements, GMP manufacturing, etc)
- Experience with Cell Separation Technologies such as: MACS Technology, CliniMACS or CliniMACS Prodigy
- Experience in a customer-facing role and/or providing technical and scientific presentations to a variety of audiences
Position may require Covid-19 vaccination and/or routine testing, per client discretion.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today ... Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status.